User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious photo editing on Android tablet?

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Hey, Dazz! Isn't there a Lightroom version for Android? (I I read somewhere.)
    Yes, but to use all it's features it wants me to subscribe to it's Creative Cloud. Don't have much use for Clouds when I have no internet Besides the costs mount up. It works OK for basic viewing and stuff though.
    80D, 600D, EFS 60mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: Darktable, Gimp, DigiKam

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gahhh! Pity there's no FStone for Android (that I know about).
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gahhh! Pity there's no FStone for Android (that I know about).
    You guys seem to know about Faststone, but I hadn't heard of it until today. I am playing with it now and I really like it!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's (FS) not bad at all, for it's factotum nature. Listen, but... About the Android editing.
    How many features would you need?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's (FS) not bad at all, for it's factotum nature. Listen, but... About the Android editing.
    How many features would you need?
    Well, it depends My aim is to run my whole caravan from solar power (12 VDC), and not have to fire up the inverter just to create 240VAC just to charge a laptop. Hence the desire to use devices that charge from 12 VDC, like Android tablets.

I thought I might be able to get it to the point where I could post a photo here occasionally when I got near an internet connection. The thing missing from many Android editing apps, is the tools to edit selectively. They all seem to have the overall adjustments, and some have a "heal" function, but most have no selective editing. That's the bit Lightroom wants you to pay for btw. - makes sense.

The other annoying thing is tiny sliders on touchscreens... painful and hard to get right.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. In that case all else I can think of is a little car-chargeable laptop as an editing adjunct.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: With such, you can load up the free CS2 Pshop and FStone, and...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. In that case all else I can think of is a little car-chargeable laptop as an editing adjunct.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: With such, you can load up the free CS2 Pshop and FStone, and...
    ... and Gimp !

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try this: https://www.xda-developers.com/guide...ndroid-device/

and then see if you could get Darktable and/or rawtherapee running in that gnulinux environment.

I found this idea here https://discuss.pixls.us/t/rawtherap...id-device/3193 where someone was asking about running rawtherapee/Darktable on an android device... they said they would give it a shot, but have not returned to their query to say how it went

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively, to charge your laptop from 12V, maybe you need one of these: https://www.ebay.com/p/120w-Universa...d=272826789975
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    You could try this: https://www.xda-developers.com/guide...ndroid-device/

and then see if you could get Darktable and/or rawtherapee running in that gnulinux environment.

I found this idea here https://discuss.pixls.us/t/rawtherap...id-device/3193 where someone was asking about running rawtherapee/Darktable on an android device... they said they would give it a shot, but have not returned to their query to say how it went

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively, to charge your laptop from 12V, maybe you need one of these: https://www.ebay.com/p/120w-Universa...d=272826789975

I was just thinking along these lines, as they just released Wine 3.0 which now has an Android version to enable Windows programs to run. Maybe something like Fasttable and Gimp under Windows, or as you suggest, rawtherapee and Gimp under linux.

btw. I already have inverters - but they're all pretty inefficient and I'd certainly like to not have to use one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12