Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Veteran Claire M's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography and travelling around Tas in April 2018

It's now all booked and confirmed! My older sister, Alex, (who is also a photography enthusiast) and myself will be heading clockwise around Tas (I've only visited Hobart and Port Authur) for a photography holiday adventure, after visiting our younger sister in Hobart area for a couple of days, from 4th April, and finishing our trip back in Hobart on 12th April.
    We'll be borrowing my sister and her partner's spare car - an AWD wagon, and the places we've tentatively booked for O/N accom are at Cradle Mt, Stanley, Launceston, St Helens, and Coles Bay.
    If any Taswegian or anyone who knows Tassie well can suggest some of the more not so famous places/landmarks, historic buildings, nature reserves/parks worth visiting (and photographing), as well as advice and tips re best breweries/wineries/produce, as well as galleries, and anything arty or quirky worth a visit that isn't too 'touristy', then please let me know.
    Also, would there be any events/festivals happening in the first 2 weeks of April?, and any advice on best routes/roads to drive on to get from place to place would be appreciated too.
    I've seen wonderful photos of Russel Falls, so any idea how much water would be flowing/falling at these falls during early April?
    Also, if anyone in Tas (or anyone else visiting Tas at the time) would like to meet up over a cuppa/beverage or join us for a little photography session somewhere in Tas please let me know.
    I did notice Anne's (Aussirose) Tasting Tassie post a few days back, and it's a shame we couldn't tie our trip to coincide somewhere along our travels with Anne's trip a month later. Ah well!
    Last edited by Claire M; 30-12-2017 at 10:54pm.