Quote Originally Posted by bricat View Post
.... They really don’t want you to use anything but there own programs .....
Like Rick said, M$ don't really compete against the likes of Canon, or Adobe or whoever in that software space.
They make money from other stuff, Office, and Server software and stuff like that.
M$ does give companies like Canon access to tools such as software development kits.

In your case, obviously the Windows update broke some link in the chain that DPP uses to work properly.

I reckon that same update changed the way I setup my PC. I normally have Windows Explorer to show file type extensions, and hidden system files and stuff like that.
I guess I'm a bit paranoid(ish) about what software dumps loads of useles space wasting data into my Appdata folder and stuff like that .. and then doesn't clean it out when removed!

But the update recently changed my preferred settings to the default settings where you can't see all those hidden files and system data .. etc.

Windows are trying hard to secure their normally insecure system, and I'm thinking that the update changed some security setting and DPP was previously set to a different type of setting, and bang! .. it stopped working for 'ya.

Have you reinstalled(or updated) DPP to see if that fixes the issue?