Thread: Slip Sliding Away

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slip Sliding Away

Following my post of a similar photo in the current Member's Challenge, here are a couple more of a car from the Eastern Creek Motorsport Park wet skid pan. Thanks to Mary Anne for encouraging me to post in this forum category. These are clearly not fantastic technical shots, but I like the dynamic nature of them.
    Shot at ISO 4000 and 9000 in low light and attempting to keep shutter speeds high to maintain sharpness. Unfortunately the very feature of the results, being the water spraying around, causes softness when the water turns to a fine spray or mist in front of the cars and is lit by several floodlights. However, the back-lighting afforded ny the floodlights was great, if a little upredictable. The movement of the cars is also unpredictable, so if I have another attempt at such an event I will shoot more where the cars spin, rather than panning the camera so much.
    These were processed to emphasise the look of the water spray for use on my Facebook page. Noise reduction was applied, but also sharpening and contrast.
    This car is an all wheel drive, which resulted in the best sprays of the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images