Thread: Same Sex Marriage Wedding Opportunities

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    My understanding of how the legislation went yesterday was that all the amendments put forward to allow religions etc to refuse to undertake SSM ceremonies etc were knocked back. So any refusal could be deemed discriminatory. So I just was curious how people will now refuse to accept work in this instance. I don't know the answer, so am not going to assume. I just wondered how these refusals will work, given that the legislation (from what I read and saw) does not allow discrimination.
    That's a good question and I didn't know that ultimately, religious beliefs are no longer supported in this matter - very unfortunately and exactly as I thought would happen.

If that is the case, and if I had the equipment at that time, I'll probably still explain that it is still just personal beliefs, whether it be religious or traditional/cultural. Maybe that I'm uncomfortable with the work, recommend someone else. But ultimately, if they want to cause fuss, they'll cause fuss. They ask questions why. So it'll eventually fall on my religious beliefs, but I'd try and help them understand that it's not about being discriminatory or a bigot because I respects gays in all ways, nothing against them. Just don't support their act. Even if I took religion out of the equation, it'd still be no because I personally believe that children should have both a father and mother anyways. So don't even have to mention religion really - but anyone looking me up for my services (one day) will probably know that I'm religious anyways, so no way of hiding that either way.

Just FYI, had a friend whom I would always help out where I could, invited him to activities, hung out with him, just like all my other friends, really liked introducing people to one another, building circles, etc, but like most of my friends, I always seemed to be the 'other guy - never get the invite to anything, usually it's only down the grapevine that I know about it. Heck, some 'good' friends didn't even invite me to their wedding, but can't blame them, they must have thought that I was still in Vietnam. Any who, being away for 4 years and coming back, only recently found out that he was gay and during this whole SSM thing, he turned around and said I abandoned him. Guess I'm not a good friend, guess that's why I'm always the 'other guy'

Anyways, we'll see. I don't have any equipment now, and don't think I will any time soon - pretty much broke and even when I do, don't know how far I'll get in the photography business again - 4 years away all my contacts are gone so no prospects anymore, nobody knows me anymore, not like before.
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 18-12-2017 at 11:04pm.