Interesting.

My take is that although I no longer run a business, I do feel that a small business owner should be entitled to accept or reject jobs as he/she sees fit. An easy way to avoid awkward reasons is simply to quote a ridiculous price. I don't think either the photographer nor client would be happy if there was not a good working relationship, so the gay issue is secondary to me. If I don't want to supply a service then I think that should be my prerogative just as customers are entitled to shop elsewhere. You don't get service providers trying to force people to buy from them, and the same should apply in reverse.

I might not choose to do a gay wedding because I don't really relate to gays, although I have nothing against them whatsoever and I gladly voted for gay marriage. I'm not entirely comfortable with demonstrative male gays (probably because I'm old) whereas female gays aren't a problem. That's just because I like women whatever their inclination but men getting it on publicly still makes me feel slightly awkward.

In terms of children and parenting I don't think it matters - heterosexuals haven't exactly got a clean track record and the sexuality of parents is a secondary consideration - parenting ability is more important.

I would think that anyone of either persuasion who tries to force a photographer into doing their wedding would have rocks in their head as that's not likely to generate the best photos!!