User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abobe updates Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic and there is a "new" LR CC for Mobiles???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo53 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how you're doing the uploading as I avoid iTunes like the plague, but I upload from my phone ( a Samsung) to a free dropbox account (automatically) and then access through dropbox exactly the same as any external drive, if that helps
    Hey John, thanks for your tip. I noticed I do have a Dropbox account (never used it) and had a look at it but couldn't for the life of my figure out how I'd get my photos from the Lightroom CC app on my phone to my Dropbox account. Any tips for a technical gronk like myself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Geoff I plug my same phone into the computer Win 7 forget about iTunes I X that off.
    I go into *Computer* where you will see all your drives and devices with removal storage it will be there.
    Under Portable Devices You will see the iPhone open > Internal Storage open it up and away you go.
    Thanks Mary Anne. As I use a Mac I don't really have this kind of option. Sadly, the Iphone does not register as a drive/device and I can't access it other than through Itunes.

I did connect it to one of our PCs in the hope for a different result, but no difference there. The Iphone is not acknowledged in my drives/devices etc. Just not even there.

Searched "Portable Devices" and nothing came up for that either.

Thanks for your help, but it's looking like I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    Hey John, thanks for your tip. I noticed I do have a Dropbox account (never used it) and had a look at it but couldn't for the life of my figure out how I'd get my photos from the Lightroom CC app on my phone to my Dropbox account. Any tips for a technical gronk like myself?

- - - Updated - - -

Geoff, Dropbox is just an external hard drive but in the cloud.

I don't use LR on my phone so the photos from my phone go straight to dropbox then I access them from there. Generally I do a cut and paste on to a physical HD and import to LR from there.

In this day and age that may be regarded as old School, so others might have a better way, but it suits me and I get the photos on my laptop with minimum hassle
    Last edited by Boo53; 19-06-2019 at 11:41pm. Reason: bloody autocorrect

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mary Anne. As I use a Mac I don't really have this kind of option. Sadly, the Iphone does not register as a drive/device and I can't access it other than through Itunes.

I did connect it to one of our PCs in the hope for a different result, but no difference there. The Iphone is not acknowledged in my drives/devices etc. Just not even there.

Searched "Portable Devices" and nothing came up for that either.

Thanks for your help, but it's looking like I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
    Geoff I am going back (no iPhone) only a card reader about 7- 8 years when I had a MacBook Pro l sorry cannot remember what OS it ran.
    Utilities had something to do with it, though things change, sorry I could not help more.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Geoff I am going back (no iPhone) only a card reader about 7- 8 years when I had a MacBook Pro l sorry cannot remember what OS it ran.
    Utilities had something to do with it, though things change, sorry I could not help more.
    No worries Mary Anne. I’ll check out utilities with the phone connected.

The thing I’m noticing though is that with the phone connected to any of my computers via USB, it is not acknowledged as an attached drive on any device. Unlike a camera or External hard drive, it just isn’t there. Only Photos app thing (on Mac) and iTunes acknowledge its there.

I do want to add just how completely useless and unaware of their own products Adobe have been in my quest to get this solved. Absolutely useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12