Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Settings

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, back to it, but I was busy in your other thread, so this is shortened some...

1. Did you have your camera set to Auto throughout? If so, it did a pretty good job.

2. There are a couple of "obvious" things to be aware of: watch your backgrounds,
    like the slanting brickwork in a couple of pictures, and "things that get in the way",
    like the heads at the dancer's feet in the first shot. Then too, check your framing.
    In the "two girls" pic, there's too much room above their heads and their bodies are
    somewhat truncated.

3. As a Q only: how are you with image editing software, like Photoshop, Elements,
    Lightroom, etc? Are these pictures straight from the camera as jpegs, or did you
    process some raw files. This is just to gauge your PP (post-processing) level. There
    is a goodish bit you can "correct" in these shots, but for now that will do.

To reiterate, generally quite successfl.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day ameerat42,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I had the camera set on Auto all the time. I have an old Photo Program called Microsoft Picture IT that I have used for years, mainly to crop photos. You cannot buy the program now.
    I have taken on board what you have commented on and will think about the shot in future before I click the shutter.
    Cheers Perry

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew! Ta for that info. I checked it out (had only heard about it) and found that the last version, V10,
    was released in 2005!! The following year a name-changed version came out.
    --But as long as it has the basics, I suppose. Meantime, getting the pics you got the other night is
    a step forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heeey there you know that I want to be able to take photos that I can send to my local News Paper. I make a Chocolate Cake for the Editor and she puts in a photo & write up. With My EF 75 300 I want to take Portrait photos of the beautiful ladies. The Organizer is going to announce that I will be bet on football matches taking photos for the paper. My wife will be taking names of the people so that if the Editor needs them we can provide them.
    Last edited by Lenita; 20-03-2018 at 8:19pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12