Thread: Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II Speedlite

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't used that particular model of YongNuo flash, Mike, but swear by my pair of YongNuo flashes, mine are exact knock-off's of the Canon 580EX II. Very robust, good clean light and reliable as! Not mentioning the value factor.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plays With Light View Post
    I haven't used that particular model of YongNuo flash, Mike, but swear by my pair of YongNuo flashes, mine are exact knock-off's of the Canon 580EX II. Very robust, good clean light and reliable as! Not mentioning the value factor.
    Thanx for the feedback Alex. The feedback is great. Three things I really want out of this:

Reduce the number of batteries I have to carry along with weight, not to mention the need to charge a number of additional batteries - I do like the idea of the Godox battery on the flashes but there are drawbacks.
    Reduce the number of batteries I need to keep charged - this has over time become a bit frustrating
    Remove the need to use the remote trigger set. I do like the Yongnuo YN-622C-TX with the YN-622C receivers, they work well, are reliable and relatively robust as I have dropped them at lease once. But my real pet hate is when mounting on light modifiers they put the flash well off centre and on my light box, makes it difficult to get the flash head well inside the softbox, it is very offset. They do the job well enough but would be great to just need to pack and mount the flash units with wireless comms.

Yongnuo and Godox offer great value as opposed to the Canon 600 series flash. You can buy 3 YN600 flashes and the transmitter for less than the cost of a single canon flash.

Thanx,

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite