Thread: New Tripod for Landscapes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tripod for Landscapes

I am after a new Tripod for my current landscape photography use. I currently have a Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT that is just over 12 months old. The cast alloy that locks the legs in place have all broken off. But I am pretty sure it was my fault when trying to bury the legs in the sand as the sea was coming in to stabilize the tripod. Plus I always had trouble with movement between bracketed shoots with my tamron 70-200 lens (which I use rarely).
    The Tripod is used in all sorts of conditions including a lot of seascapes in salt water. I am hard on the equipment but at least washed it down afterwards. I should also note I use a d800 with a tamron 15-30 with 150mm filter holder and filters. I bracket and exposure blend a lot using liveveiw to minimize vibration between shots. I can't even use the tripod in portrait mode with this setup as the ballhead just can't hold the weight without droping slightly between shots.
    I should also note that I am 6"3 and would like a Tripod that was a bit higher. The Alta Pro was useless when extending the center pole. Budget is around 600 for tripod and ballhead
    I am looking at this current setup which comes with a k20x ballhead as part of the package.
    Sirui w2204 with k20x
    This is about the max I would like to spend but I am worried it may be a little light for my setup? I really like that it has the water sealing too. Portability is also important but I don't want to buy something thats not up to the job either.
    Here is another that is much heavier and probably out of my budget but would most certainly be more stable.
    or this
    R4213x with k40x
    Any other suggestions greatly appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by munna1; 01-10-2017 at 9:29pm.