Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Aurora HDR 2018

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora HDR 2018

Expert most of the AP crew have at some time done some HDR photography at some point. I still dabble in HDR where I see the need but live in disappointment of the HDR capabilities of PS and LR for the type of process finish I am after. I used to use the poor mans version of Photomatrix which was the type of HDR edit I like.

For some time there has been a growing demand for HDR software and to a degree driven b the likes of Trey Ratcliff with his reputation as being one of the best around for HDR.

Aurora 2018 from my opinion is probably now one of the best HDR editiing tools around and is much more than just a bracketed HDR editor. Being on the mailing list the latest version of the product goes live midnight tonight Brisbane time with a pre-order price of $119 AU and after release is around the $340 mark I believe.

I procrastinated over this for over a week and finally made up my mind to buy it at the pre-purchase price which is about the top of my budget for other software and would not pay the 300 + price.

Out of interest, has anyone else opted in for the pre-release purchase?

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike

Thanks for the heads up, I found the website but it lists A$139 as the purchase price?

Did you mean to write $139 or have I missed the pre-order boat?

Cheers

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    Hi Mike

Thanks for the heads up, I found the website but it lists A$139 as the purchase price?

Did you mean to write $139 or have I missed the pre-order boat?

Cheers

Dennis
    Hi Dennis, yea - looks like you missed the pre-release. Having said that it seems like the price is still well under the final release price - not sure if there has been a price adjustment at the release time. I just looked at the site and it doesn't mention the heavy discount as it did on the pre-release purchase.

Good thing is you can do a 14 Trial before purchase now.

I installed it last night and have just run it up to see if it lives up to its expectations - so far so good but will take some time before I can give an informed opinion.

Mike

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of interest, has anyone else opted in for the pre-release purchase?
    Yes, I did. Aurora HDR caught my eye sometime ago but it was only for Macs. The new release also has a Windows version so I thought I'd give it a go. Just tried it out. It works but I'll have to watch a few tutorials to utilise it better.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    Hi Dennis, yea - looks like you missed the pre-release. Having said that it seems like the price is still well under the final release price - not sure if there has been a price adjustment at the release time. I just looked at the site and it doesn't mention the heavy discount as it did on the pre-release purchase.

Good thing is you can do a 14 Trial before purchase now.

I installed it last night and have just run it up to see if it lives up to its expectations - so far so good but will take some time before I can give an informed opinion.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate the feedback.

Currently, I have a perpetual licence for SNS HDR Pro which meets (actually, mostly exceeds) my current HDR requirements, as I only dabble in HDR maybe 5 or 6 times per year.

Even at $139 Aurora seems a reasonable price for what appears to be a very good HDR program from the few videos I have seen.

Cheers

Dennis

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enseth View Post
    Yes, I did. Aurora HDR caught my eye sometime ago but it was only for Macs. The new release also has a Windows version so I thought I'd give it a go. Just tried it out. It works but I'll have to watch a few tutorials to utilise it better.
    Yes Same - Installed it this morning and just had a go at a couple of images - as with anything will need some tutes off youtube - found a couple by Serge the french photographer which are pretty helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate the feedback.

Currently, I have a perpetual licence for SNS HDR Pro which meets (actually, mostly exceeds) my current HDR requirements, as I only dabble in HDR maybe 5 or 6 times per year.

Even at $139 Aurora seems a reasonable price for what appears to be a very good HDR program from the few videos I have seen.

Cheers

Dennis
    Cheers Dennis, my very of version HDR software was well out of date and I never installed it onto Windows 10 - this latest version is looking to be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

First Photo edits in ths thread - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...02#post1427902

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it easy for beginners to use

Yes Same - Installed it this morning and just had a go at a couple of images - as with anything will need some tutes off youtube - found a couple by Serge the french photographer which are pretty helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

G'day, I have been using Photomatix, is it as easy as it to use, I'm a beginner. Jeff.

- - - Updated - - -

First Photo edits in ths thread - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...02#post1427902
    Remember that being kind to each other will not give you cooties.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ so does that post give this person access to our photos again.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    ^ so does that post give this person access to our photos again.
    Hi Mark,
    I havent been on for a while, wife has been unwell and just havent had much time - do you mean I appear to have lost some of my access?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,
    I havent been on for a while, wife has been unwell and just havent had much time - do you mean I appear to have lost some of my access?
    G'day Mike,
    I wasn't referring to you in my post.
    Was referring to jeffgale's post just above my post. Their previous post was July 2015.
    You've always been a valued member here and I hope your dear ladies health can improve. All the best with that.
    Last edited by Mark L; 24-03-2018 at 10:34pm.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys... hate to post this in a thread where some of you guys paid big bucks for this, but they're giving it away free now, for anyone interested. Not sure how long the deal lasts but I just went through all the steps and it seemed to work perfectly. Major problem now is I need to watch hours of tutorials to work out how to use the thing, lol.

Available for both Mac & PC.

Anyway, got this in my daily Ozbargain email today and like I said, seems to work;

Step 1. COPY AND PASTE BY HAND (CLICK DOESN'T WORK) THIS LINK https://skylum.com/l/nphoto . That should take you to Aurora HDR 2018

Step 2. In the name and your email boxes, provide those details

Step 3. After you press get my copy, you will be sent an email that will allow you to download the software AND a KEY that looks like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Step 4. Install the program

Step 5. After you install the program, it will say something along the lines of you have a 14 day trial. Then just click continue and you will be given the option to enter your email and the key which will then proceed to unlock the FULL version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is just Norton 360 being overly cautious, but I received a warning that "This type of file can harm your computer - Continue / Discontinue?" I chose Discontinue because, on balance, I don't use HDR that often but I do use my computer very often. Thanks anyway.

Update: Norton has identified it as safe. Cheers.
    Last edited by Hawthy; 30-05-2019 at 9:23pm.
    Andrew

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthy View Post
    Not sure if this is just Norton 360 being overly cautious, but I received a warning that "This type of file can harm your computer - Continue / Discontinue?" I chose Discontinue because, on balance, I don't use HDR that often but I do use my computer very often. Thanks anyway.

Update: Norton has identified it as safe. Cheers.
    I get that message every time I download a program onto my Mac, regardless of what it is and how completely legit it is. As long as you trust what you're getting I always let it through. As this is all official through the actual website I let it through too.

I actually don't do any HDR stuff at all anymore, but if this is as good as I understand it is, I might try it again instead of spending ages trying to blend exposures manually. In some cases... obviously it isn't a solution every time, but where running water is not involved, I think I'll try the HDR option if this program proves a winner.