Thread: Lighroom comparison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a go with this image too, and went for a more romanticised finish in Lightroom with it. Not too bad for a three minute edit! I decided not to warm and colour the pylons to a uniform appearance, as I liked the differences to them.

• I straightened the converging verticals using the guides, placing two guides, one on the brick on the far right and one on the bridge support on the far left.
    • I warmed up the image, taking the Temp to the yellows and the Tint to the magentas
    • I boosted the Contrast, universally
    • I lowered the whites and highlights to -100%, which brought back the details to the clouds
    • I opened up the blacks and shadows, till I liked what I saw universally
    • I applied some Clarity to the entire image
    • I boosted the Vibrance and Saturation a bit, universally
    • I applied some Clarity and Sharpness to the bridge and brick on the right, using the Adjustment Brush
    • I applied some warmth to the pylons, taking the Temp to the yellows and the Tint to the magentas, and some Sharpening and Clarity, using the Adjustment Brush
    • I applied some warmth to the grass, taking the Temp to the yellows and the Tint to the greens, also applying some Contrast, Clarity and Sharpening, with the Adjustment Brush
    • I played with the Saturation and Luminance, boosting Sat. of everything except the blues and aquas and lowering the Lum. of the greens and yellows
    • I applied Sharpening and Noise Reduction universally too
    • In Lens Corrections I Removed CA's, normally I would apply the lens fix here too, but you dave stripped that exif data from your image so I couln't
    • I also applied and elongated Vignette, with a smaller centre, larger feather and kept the highlights.

Phew! That took a heck of a lot longer to type, than to do!

Hope it helps you in some way.

I love Lightroom, as much as Tony (Tannin) hates it! It's quick, easy and non-destructive.

Last edited by Plays With Light; 29-09-2017 at 10:33am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plays With Light View Post
    I had a go with this image too, and went for a more romanticised finish in Lightroom with it. Not too bad for a three minute edit! I decided not to warm and colour the pylons to a uniform appearance, as I liked the differences to them.

Phew! That took a heck of a lot longer to type, than to do!

Hope it helps you in some way.

I love Lightroom, as much as Tony (Tannin) hates it! It's quick, easy and non-destructive.
    Thanks PWL, I appreciate the detailed explanation and examples of subsequent editing. Sorry about the EXIF, hadn't intended to withhold, I think it's a setting in LR that I need to change.

Thanks to you also Ross for digging into the AppData PC nether regions regarding the LR EXIF data, I'll have a sticky in there for myself and see what the files have to yield.
    regards

Harry

D500, Nikkor 18 - 55 and 50mm f1.8 Prime lens