User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Nifty card case

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nifty card case

I bought a nifty little memory card case from my favourite accessories shop the other week.

(Canon G9X II @ 10.2mm, ISO 200, f/8, 1/160th. This is the first time I've used the little G9X II, and I reckon it does a pretty nice job. Glasses for scale.)

It stores 8 SD cards or 4 CF cards, or any combination of the two, fits neatly in a trouser or shirt pocket, and it's waterproof. They fit neatly into the firm but flexible rubbery liner - you just press them in - and won't fall out even if you open the case.

(Same settings as above.)

Doubtless there are dozens of broadly similar ones to be found elsewhere, and many different vendors. I got it from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Waterproo...-/120905761556

Cost less than $8.00, postage is free. The free postage took about three weeks to arrive here from Germany. (Germany? Eh? I thought Pheobe-g was based in China. But who cares? You can pay a small amount extra for faster delivery if you like.)
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Moember formerly known as : Ghostbat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a little Pelican one. Bout the size of 2 match boxes. Brilliant things
    PHOTOS!!!!!! or it didn't happen

can't remember
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, I seem to have bought so many cameras lately - and two of them with dual slots - that I don't have any spare cards to put in it now. I had to raid those two out of the 1D IV.

Story of my life.
    Last edited by Tannin; 25-09-2017 at 8:34pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking little case. I'm still using the little plastic ones that the SD cards came in.

For those interested in the one above, found a seller in Sydney for 0.88c more if you do want it quicker.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZ-F-Wate...53.m1438.l2649
    Regards, bricabrac89

Camera: Canon 600D
    Lenses: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO DG EX OS HSM

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of noteworthy images , although I think that the composition in #1 could be marginally improved by leaving a little more space at the top. I’d also recommend pushing the shadows a little harder on the LHS of the case as well as removing the annoying, intrusive, loose foliage at top right.

The glare/reflection in #2 is a little distracting and might be toned down in post. Also, the magnifying glasses could be cleaned to allow for clearer vision and clarity of views into the sun.

In both images, the BG is too dominant and somewhat detracts from the main subject matter; it makes me think that I am on some sun-kissed Greek Island when glancing at these. Some subtle desaturation in post might help here?

It’s about time you weeded the tiles too, to minimise any further deterioration.

I think that #2 would have more impact if there were memory cards present in the case on the RHS as well, to balance out the left-hand side heavy look, further accentuated by the presence of the magnifying spectacles.

Other than those minor nit-picks, a couple of fine images; print them and hang them in the pool room.

Cheers

Dennis

can't remember
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember buying about 5 of these cases a few years ago when I was heading to Svalbard. I needed something waterproof, shock proof and could hold either SD or CF cards. I reckon they were a good buy then for around $8. I still use them everyday to hold all my cards, never let me down yet.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great product, I keep all my cards in one
    -Andy

All CC is greatly appreciated, the only way to learn is if we share our ideas. I can't be offended, so feel free to share your ideas for improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grabbed one of these a few tears ago and toured all over Vietnam with it, was perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can't remember
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful. It is advertised as waterproof, but I don't think they guarantee it against tears.