Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Adobe Cloud

Moember formerly known as : Ghostbat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe Cloud

Anyone using the subscription based Adobe Cloud? What's it like?

Looking at it for the possible future use.

Mick
    PHOTOS!!!!!! or it didn't happen

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can use photoshop and lightroom then it is very much worthwhile. It is about $170 per year for the two, which is reasonable given what you get for it. Over 10 years that will add up to $1700, but that probably covers the bulk of your post processing software.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Steve said above I'm paying around $13.00 per month for Creative Cloud which is for Photoshop CC (2017), Lightroom CC (2015), Bridge CC (2017) and Camera Raw CC.

However today I received an email from Adobe stating the following:
    We hope you enjoyed your trial of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC. Keep bringing your ideas to life and upgrade to an Adobe Creative Cloud* Single App or All Apps membership today. Plans from A$28.59/month
    Huh !!! I'll have to look back through their convoluted emails to check that Lightrooom was in fact actually only a trial. If so, it's been running for two years ???

Mate, Adobe has more tricks than a barrel of monkeys and was ordered to front the appropriate authority to answer accusations of price gouging.

Read the fine print, twice, before you commit to anything.

PS: I just clicked on the link in their email and my CC subscription apparently is now $14.29pm and includes Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge. The way I interpreted their email was that my CC subscription was going to be $28.59pm. How confusing.
    Last edited by Cage; 24-09-2017 at 9:38pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their pricing can be hard to follow, but $14/mth for photoshop, Lightroom and bridge is what I pay and what you can pay too if you go to their site. Maybe you had a trial of Lightroom alone which, for some very odd reason, would cost $28 per month.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Their pricing can be hard to follow, but $14/mth for photoshop, Lightroom and bridge is what I pay and what you can pay too if you go to their site. Maybe you had a trial of Lightroom alone which, for some very odd reason, would cost $28 per month.
    Hi Steve

I've updated my above post and confirm what you say. Adobe just have their usual convoluted way of doing things.

This is the link to their new pricing. https://www.adobe.com/au/creativeclo...TGRDN&mv=email
    Last edited by Cage; 24-09-2017 at 9:47pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't attempt to justify their convoluted pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $14 per month for access to Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom is good value in my opinion. For just over $3 per week you always have the latest version. There is a plethora of videos on line covering any aspect of Photoshop that you could possibly imagine. I have looked at some of the free programs like GIMP but I just don't find them as engaging - not that PS is especially intuitive or user friendly. I actually enjoy the challenge of unravelling the mammoth beast that is Adobe Photoshop.
    Andrew

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ---In earlier times they had "bread and circuses". - Ie, at least the bread was free.
    CC, Image editing OK.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had CC since the first beta run of the subscription abck in 2013 I think it was. Because of a first starter user I still get a little discount but will soon be close to $13 and a few cents. For anyone back in the day when LR and PS were individual purchases, you will soon see the value in a subscription. PS was well out of my price range as around $1800 (I think it was) and that didnt include upgrades which each yr may have added another $500 to the cost. I bought LR outright at the time as they had a special new version sale on and I think I got it for around the $198 mark. So if I was to consider the cost - on an average of $11 AU a month over lets say the last 4 yrs, it is still less than 1/4 in cost of what buying the standalone products for back before CC. Add to that the numerous number of updates and features added on a regular basis for my products, PC CC, LR CC, Camera RAW and Bridge, I find it hard to be critical of the subscription.
    many people pay for Foxtel, Stan, Netflicks etc - I have only the cheaper Foxtel for my wife so I don't feel the pain really.

There is a lot of conversation about having to learn photoshop which is try to a degree. But in support of that there are many youtube vids of superb content, free actions, brushes and such for PS CC and LR CC. And to be honest, albeit has taken me maybe 2 yrs of more dedicated photography, I do have a very usable grasp of PS editing and tasks that seemed challenging are now common place.

if you have the need and the cash to use photoshop and LR subscription , I say go for it. Just MHO :-)
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Moember formerly known as : Ghostbat
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swert. Thanks guys for the info. Will look at it more soon but think I will be subscribing...having latest tools sounds good ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a CC user as well, love it!