Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
Sorry Rick, the point of this thread was to highlight the double standards of these members who go involved in this thread. I knew exactly who would get involved, because they always do, let’s call them the Nikon clan, a little boys club of Nikon who band together to defend everything Nikon and attach everything not-Nikon. So, I thought I’d throw out something that involved sexism in the industry, and problem that most of us are well aware, something we know exists. I knew they would defend Nikon because they always do, and yet we know the reality is Nikon (like most of the other companies) would not have invited many, if any females. We know the region is sexist across all industries. The truth of course is I could have posted something about Nikon’s use of slave labour and they would have found a reason to defend it based on slave labour being an acceptable industry practice.

And yet, it was the Nikon fans involved in this post who are the same people who pulled apart Sony during the A9 thread, finding any and every reason to pull a camera for every conceivable reason despite never having touched it, seen it or used it. Like it or not, it was a major leap in the camera race, and yet, I don’t think I saw one positive comment come out of the Nikon clan. The thread became heated (and I sat back watching and not getting involved) because these members had to convince themselves it was not a Nikon killer and their little Nikon land was safe from potential destruction. It’s hard with all that bad press lately that you have to take to knocking other innovation until your blessed D850 comes out. The battery life was crap because of X. The sensor must have worse dynamic range because of X, the AF couldn’t work as well as DSLR, there is a clause that states Y. Apparently when the Nikon fanboys can pull apart Sony (for every reason except the Sony sensors because if they did that they would be knocking their own sensors but they will state the Sony sensor in Nikon is awesome but the Sony sensor in the A9 isn’t as good) but anyone who dares to say anything about Nikon is pulled apart as brand hatred. Have there been similar posts about the DR capability of the D850 not being as good? Or the high ISO not being as good? Nope, you could hear crickets if that topic came up.

Their boundaries don’t extend to only Sony. It’s mirrorless, because Nikon don’t have a decent mirrorless. Apparently Nikon don’t need a mirrorless because they don’t need one, but suddenly when Nikon produce one, it will be awesome and amazing and suddenly it will be good enough for them, because Nikon has the 400 f/2.8 (which most of the people here can’t afford anyway). And apparently Nikon don’t need good APSC glass because no one who is any good uses it, which looking at some of their lens selections, would make absolutely zero difference anyway.

So, no, my disdain for Nikon is not there. I’ve moved on, but what I haven’t moved on from is the issues from these members to anything non-Nikon or that doesn’t align to their perfect little world of DSLR that exists. And despite asking them to show me what they have personally produced that could not be achieved with APSC or mirrorless, I still hear crickets, because the only thing they can come up with is the 400 f/2.8.
And here I was thinking the thread was about the lack of female ambassadors as highlighted in the D850 launch and an interview with a Nikon personnel.
But it's really a post designed to inflame and bait certain members into responding. Well congrats, I fell for your bait and made the mistake of genuinely responding to the links in question.

And FYI, your behavior and responses to posts are equally predictable.

I don't know if I've been lobbed in with the supposed little boys club of Nikon but it is just more jibes from you designed to inflame.
I certainly didn't bash the A9 and said many positive things about it as well as highlighted some shortcomings (largely lens selection). You know, genuinely discussing the topic.

You, on the other are not being genuine, particularly in the motivation behind this post. What is the expectation of people genuinely responding to you in the future?