Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon needs to work on their public relations and marketing tactics

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Sorry Rick, the point of this thread was to highlight the double standards of these members who go involved in this thread. I knew exactly who would get involved, because they always do, let’s call them the Nikon clan, a little boys club of Nikon who band together to defend everything Nikon and attach everything not-Nikon. So, I thought I’d throw out something that involved sexism in the industry, and problem that most of us are well aware, something we know exists. I knew they would defend Nikon because they always do, and yet we know the reality is Nikon (like most of the other companies) would not have invited many, if any females. We know the region is sexist across all industries. The truth of course is I could have posted something about Nikon’s use of slave labour and they would have found a reason to defend it based on slave labour being an acceptable industry practice.

And yet, it was the Nikon fans involved in this post who are the same people who pulled apart Sony during the A9 thread, finding any and every reason to pull a camera for every conceivable reason despite never having touched it, seen it or used it. Like it or not, it was a major leap in the camera race, and yet, I don’t think I saw one positive comment come out of the Nikon clan. The thread became heated (and I sat back watching and not getting involved) because these members had to convince themselves it was not a Nikon killer and their little Nikon land was safe from potential destruction. It’s hard with all that bad press lately that you have to take to knocking other innovation until your blessed D850 comes out. The battery life was crap because of X. The sensor must have worse dynamic range because of X, the AF couldn’t work as well as DSLR, there is a clause that states Y. Apparently when the Nikon fanboys can pull apart Sony (for every reason except the Sony sensors because if they did that they would be knocking their own sensors but they will state the Sony sensor in Nikon is awesome but the Sony sensor in the A9 isn’t as good) but anyone who dares to say anything about Nikon is pulled apart as brand hatred. Have there been similar posts about the DR capability of the D850 not being as good? Or the high ISO not being as good? Nope, you could hear crickets if that topic came up.

Their boundaries don’t extend to only Sony. It’s mirrorless, because Nikon don’t have a decent mirrorless. Apparently Nikon don’t need a mirrorless because they don’t need one, but suddenly when Nikon produce one, it will be awesome and amazing and suddenly it will be good enough for them, because Nikon has the 400 f/2.8 (which most of the people here can’t afford anyway). And apparently Nikon don’t need good APSC glass because no one who is any good uses it, which looking at some of their lens selections, would make absolutely zero difference anyway.

So, no, my disdain for Nikon is not there. I’ve moved on, but what I haven’t moved on from is the issues from these members to anything non-Nikon or that doesn’t align to their perfect little world of DSLR that exists. And despite asking them to show me what they have personally produced that could not be achieved with APSC or mirrorless, I still hear crickets, because the only thing they can come up with is the 400 f/2.8.
    And here I was thinking the thread was about the lack of female ambassadors as highlighted in the D850 launch and an interview with a Nikon personnel.
    But it's really a post designed to inflame and bait certain members into responding. Well congrats, I fell for your bait and made the mistake of genuinely responding to the links in question.

And FYI, your behavior and responses to posts are equally predictable.

I don't know if I've been lobbed in with the supposed little boys club of Nikon but it is just more jibes from you designed to inflame.
    I certainly didn't bash the A9 and said many positive things about it as well as highlighted some shortcomings (largely lens selection). You know, genuinely discussing the topic.

You, on the other are not being genuine, particularly in the motivation behind this post. What is the expectation of people genuinely responding to you in the future?
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next, I'd like to see a discussion on how many gays, lesbians, transgender, bisexual and intersex people were asked to be part of this panel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangley all this notion of me being anti Sony and anti mirrorless is fuelled by a deep seated rage by some people who should really know better.
    If they took the time to investigate properly .. they'd have read more comments from me that I liked the Sony A7(r in particular that I briefly played with).
    But two issues for me about it were simple.
    Body too small for my hands and EVF is no good(FOR ME!!) not not good period .. end of story .. not good for me .. myself, my personal preferences .. I have no idea on how else I can make this point totally clear .. I PERSONALLY don't like EVFs

of course the enraged psychology that some people find themselves under doesn't allow them to see reason.
    They read a negative comment re the device type they themselves prefer and just start posting all manner of nonsense.
    They distort written words into assessments of their own choosing ... and we end up in situations like this thread ... again!

I was in at Vanbar one time getting some filters, and saw the XT-1.. so being the curious geek(with no intention to buy one) I had to have a handle .. didn't like it. Much was said of it's EVF(which piqued my curiosity).
    I actually started handling the XT-1 with an expectation of great EVF features and quality, so in a sense psyched myself into thinking it was going to be really good.

Any comments I've made since have probably been misconstrued that I'm anti mirrorless, and anti APS-C and anti this, and a trouble making dissenter .. etc.
    Look back into my posting history to see I'd probably be regarded as one of the initial geeks that saw EVF tech as the way of the future .. just so happened that for my personal preference .. the hardware hasn't turned that into a reality .. yet!
    the problem is that reading old posts, big or small, as a basic form of research is not the modern way.
    The current method is to take a comment, place it out of context, place an unrelated spin on it and denigrate it as anti this, or anti that!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    You, on the other are not being genuine, particularly in the motivation behind this post. What is the expectation of people genuinely responding to you in the future?
    Rage is a blinding force .. if the author of the comments can't see past the red coloured vision of rage .. they can't reasonably absorb other peoples, therefore it doesn't surprise me that the replies will be tainted with aggravation.
    People should be free to write their thoughts as they wish .. with the only exception that those comments are based on facts.

In the distant future when all camera makers plants are silent, and everyone snapping photos with the same silence on their smartphones .. all this will be forgotten, and hopefully the rage driven comments will subside.

.. boring!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you posted this thread to specifically bait other members. Should I remind you of the site rules?

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES

[8] Members should be treated with respect and courtesy. Members are requested not to insult or make personal attacks on other members. Members are requested not to make lewd comments on the content of photos posted for critique. Remarks deemed to be libellous, defamatory, slanderous or offensive will be deleted, "Flame bait" postings, identical or similar repeat postings will also be deleted.

I shall remove this thread soon.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YIKES !!! WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS STUPID DISCUSSION?

Seriously, go and grab your camera and have fun taking photos and being creative!

Talk about click-bait!

PS: and forget the rest
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    So you posted this thread to specifically bait other members. Should I remind you of the site rules?

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES

[8] Members should be treated with respect and courtesy. Members are requested not to insult or make personal attacks on other members. Members are requested not to make lewd comments on the content of photos posted for critique. Remarks deemed to be libellous, defamatory, slanderous or offensive will be deleted, "Flame bait" postings, identical or similar repeat postings will also be deleted.

I shall remove this thread soon.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    Next, I'd like to see a discussion on how many gays, lesbians, transgender, bisexual and intersex people were asked to be part of this panel...

I was not asked, I just dropped by. Now you are thinking am I one of the above, or not?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And... as this thread was purely posted to bait certain members.. the thread is now closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12