hey guys, i was just playing around the camera to learn deeper of its feature, i came across "lens abberation correction" in one of the menu setting. If i clicked on it, it shows the lens that is on at the moment (50mm f1.4) and it says "correction data available" but I have the Chromatic abberation, peripheral illumination and distorition sub settings disabled.

Before I am writing this, I took a bit of search about CA and it tells me it is that nasty discolor or wrong color effect around the edge of an image through a lens in which light spectrum don't bend properly on the pentaprism. And when I saw that "correction data available" does it mean the lens i am using has CA?

I did few tests on f1.4 to f9 on AV mode iso 200 (manual white balance) in my dining room (with 2 fluoro lights) and i didnt see any of the nasty shadow of pink or purple on the edge of the image, infact it looks fine to me unless I am wrong?

Questions are:
should i enable the ca, pi and dist. setting in the menu?
does it mean my lens has a minor CA when it says "correction data available"?

Not sure about the other 2 (peripheral illumination and distortion) i dont see anything illuminated out of control and nothing distorted so not sure what these are lol

Thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

oh one more thing, should I check on this setting before I use a new lens? I also read that CA is mostly happening in telezoom, what is your opinion on this? And what cause CA? Knock on the lens ?