A thread I've been meaning to get to for a while, but I was just wondering if you guys, with your vast knowledge on the subject, have any tips on how to enter the world of full frame photography... most specifically, on a budget? I wish it wasn't, but as circumstances have it, that is sadly the biggest factor for me. I don't have the money I wish I had to spend on it, and I'm not even sure if it's something I can even seriously look into anytime soon, but I'd like to test the waters.

The little bit of research I've done suggests I probably want to be looking at a timely and well priced second hand offer?

At the moment I have a Canon 70D, with a Sigma 10-22mm lens, Canon 18-200mm lens and a Tamron 18-250mm lens. It is my understanding that if I buy a full frame camera, all three of these lenses immediately become useless? Is that correct, that I can't use any of these on a full frame camera?

If this is correct and I'm basically starting from scratch, ideally I'd still like to stick with Canon because it's what I know, am familiar with and to be honest, what I like. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 40D and 70D. But all this said, if the price was right, I guess if I'm starting from scratch, I wouldn't object to switching to Nikon. But it would have to be a significant price difference, because like I said, I do like Canon and like the familiarity.

Anyway, how would people suggest going about finding a good deal for a quality full frame camera with a couple of lenses? Is it just plain and simply something I should not even consider until I win Lotto? Or can it be done for a decent price, probably in the second hand world? And when I say decent price, I'm hoping somewhere around the $1000 mark. Just un-do-able, isn't it?

... Yet I may as well finish what I started.

I guess ideally I'd be looking for the camera body (in research, is a 6D about the only possibility in my price range?) and two lenses - a wide angle (starting at no more than 16mm which I believe is equivalent to my 10mm with the crop sensor... but ideally around 14mm) and a general purpose one (70-200mm or something... 70-300 ideally).

Anyway, I know it's a bit of a shambolic thread, but if anyone has any great tips I will hungrily read.

I think I can guess the biggest tip, though - Save some money, punk.

And for the record, the main thing that's tipped me over the edge with this crop sensor business is having to edit photos for stuff that I'd like to think I shouldn't need to edit. For my peace of mind, would the use of a full frame camera significantly reduce these two horrible effects I continually get with the 70D and my lenses:

I have basically given up trying to shoot any built structure of any kind because of the awful and photo-ruining distortion I keep getting with the Sigma 10-22mm. I know I can avoid distortion by choosing other framing options, but that just robs me of the frames I want to shoot.
IMG_8897.jpg

And although I don't shoot land and seascapes with my 18-200mm or 18-250mm lenses, on the off-chance when it's all I have, I always get this horizon. Although I've only very recently learnt how to do so in Camera RAW, it seems this effect can be minimised, but it's just something I would rather not have to deal with.
IMG_9345.jpg

Is it correct to believe that a full frame camera will reduce these two effects significantly?