Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
I was thinking more along the 300mm size Geoff, seeing your Title was about the Tamron 18-250mm and Canon 18-200mm lengths ?
I'd absolutely love a 300mm lens because I would like to get into that type of photography one day. But, after taking photos of my kids growing up, my passion is definitely land and seascapes. And if I took the plunge with a FF, my first lens would need to be something to cater to my love of the land and sea. I've loved the 18-200/250mm because it allows me to take photos of my kids being kids, but also to get that cheeky shot of our surrounds in the same instance.

A 300mm lens is something I'd love because I do have a fondness for all parts of nature - probably not birds as much as many folk here - but everything else. I'd love to be let loose in a rainforest/bush with a 300mm lens wrapped around my eye. So yeah, one day... but it's not the top of my list. I actually borrowed a lens (I think it was 70-300mm) from a wildlife photographer at Seal Bay on Kangaroo Island when we were down there. Lovely fella, completely unprompted. I must have had a serious look about me as we walked onto the beach with the seals, and he asked if I wanted to borrow his lens and I couldn't have said yes quick enough. Walked away with some great snaps of the baby seals down there. I was most grateful, and from then I have wanted at least 300mm worth of lens, but there's no cheap way around those ones...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I just noticed this lens is actually really cheap:

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
This lens is compatible with full-frame and APS-C format Canon DSLRs.

For around the $130 mark. What's the catch here? That seems like amazing value.