User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Canon error 01

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon error 01

Hi guys, I cant find anything recent so, I've recently upgraded from the 50d to the 7d2. Everything going great with both my lenses, Canon 17-55 IS and the Sigma 70-200 OS. Couple of nights ago I had the 17-55 on and did some video, it was in low light and it kept ticking like it was focusing but it just wouldnt stop. So I turned it off. The next day taking some photos and I get the error 01 message, not sure if it was a coincidence or not. I've tried every fix I can find on the net but it hasnt changed. I put it back on the 50d and works like a charm. I've noticed at 17 and 20 its fine its when it gets into 28 and above it fails. Is the 7d2 just more sensitive, has anyone else had this problem and was it fixable

Chris

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My guess, now you have not had an answer after 12 hours, is that no-one knows the answer or because you only ever seem to come online when you need something answered, but don't help anyone else out, that everyone has decided to do the same back to you.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had problems with the 7d2 when using my Canon f/4 300mm lens I use for Birding starting getting the error 1 message about 10 months ago, that's around 2 years after I bought the 7d2
    Tried everything on line and still could not fix it, took it to a repairer who said the lens and camera worked fine when he tried it out in front of me *Oh course it did*
    And yes it has done it again since, feel the 7d2 is a temperamental beast.. Why don't you give Canon a ring and ask them.. My Fix I bought a Sigma C 150-600mm lens

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spides View Post
    I've tried every fix I can find on the net but it hasnt changed.
    So I presume you've tried using a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both the lens and camera?? With your scenario I'd pay special attention to the 7D's contacts.
    Last edited by Mark L; 13-09-2017 at 9:48pm. Reason: zpelling

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    So I presume you've tried using a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both the lens and camera?? With your scenario I'd pay special attention to the 7D's contacts.
    Don't know if using a pencil eraser is a good idea these days Mark.
    After researching and reading on many Forums also watching Video's on youtube looking for an answer, seems when using a pencil eraser it can scratch the surface and wear off the protective coating on the contacts.
    I used a new lens cleaning cloth this time, that did work for awhile.