Thread: Stick to AV mode (or TV mode)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick to AV mode (or TV mode)

I have been getting ALOT of advise in this forum for the past weeks. I thank Tony (tannin) especially for his tips. I ve been leaving my camera mode to AV 98 percent of the time shooting anything, I mean ANYTHING that interests me, from silly faces of my kids to some boring streets (hundreds of them) pictures practically anywhere. I ve been taking my camera along with me almost everyday now.

Leaving the camera mode on AV and iso 100-200 certainly makes my photography learning so much easier and I am getting quite good pictures (pleasing to my eyes at least) it was just one occasion where I had to leave the ISO setting on auto when I shot that guy in a manhole at st kilda rd, he was working on a fibre optic kind of thing underground with his workmates and I was there and they let me take their pics.

The AV mode setting is so good for 3 of my lenses. And I can learn more about apperture and I am getting more understanding each day about apperture and what apperture number I set before I go to the site and take pics. I occasionally have my camera on TV mode to capture some "movement" effects such as this bicycle

Cycling around melbourne by Ivan Sutrisno, on Flickr

(not sure but I was quite happy with my slow speed expriment there haha)

Having on AV mode also makes it faster to take that "right moment" without having to worry about other settings. And I certainly recommend for beginners to leave your camera mode on AV at most of the time and learn each of the apperture opening and what they do to your image.
    So once again thanks guys, thanks Tony for your wonderful tips.
    Last edited by ivans75; 27-08-2017 at 5:10pm.