Thread: I am a photographer - NOT a paedophile

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see I think the difference from my perspective is that if it was my kids I would have confronted you and asked you not to take photos of my kids. Not judged you for doing so just asked you politely not to. I have done this many times in the past.

I totally agree that people that are going to hurt kids are the most likely known to them and their families. As I've stated most of my concerns are not about paedophiles. I am sorry you went through that Rick and thank you sharing your perspective.

One thing you do have to remember though is that times have changed and there are a lot more people around with gear. I don't know but it has become harder to distinguish a professional from an amateur and therefore someone wishing to do harm. On Ricks point about clothed children, I believe the original post was about taking pictures on Southbank in Brisbane. I would be very wary about being seen taking photos there as it as swimming pool and water park, a lot of young children in swimming attire there.
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Austog Irregular Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rellik666 View Post
    You see I think the difference from my perspective is that if it was my kids I would have confronted you and asked you not to take photos of my kids. Not judged you for doing so just asked you politely not to. I have done this many times in the past.

I totally agree that people that are going to hurt kids are the most likely known to them and their families. As I've stated most of my concerns are not about paedophiles. I am sorry you went through that Rick and thank you sharing your perspective.

One thing you do have to remember though is that times have changed and there are a lot more people around with gear. I don't know but it has become harder to distinguish a professional from an amateur and therefore someone wishing to do harm. On Ricks point about clothed children, I believe the original post was about taking pictures on Southbank in Brisbane. I would be very wary about being seen taking photos there as it as swimming pool and water park, a lot of young children in swimming attire there.
    Hi Roo and if you had of asked I would have respected your wishes.

As I mentioned previously, this was not at South Bank Beach - it was closed. I was there in April and took some discrete shots with my wide angle lens -

_DSC1252-Edit by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/100053981@N04/],

In that instance I was mindful of other people but it is almost impossible to get a shot showing the beach and the city without people in it at anytime of the year. It would be impractical to ban all photos at South Bank Beach.

In this instance the child had more clothes on than the sunbaker (albeit the subjects/concept was totally different) and this was at the water feature. Did you see the picutre I posted in this thread - sunsmart swimming attire.
    Cameras capture light, minds capture images.

Website Facebook