Despite having a ... let's face it ... rather excessive collection of DSLRs and lenses, one thing I rather miss is a small, inconspicuous camera for (a) slipping into a pocket when I go for a long walk with a big birding lens, just in case I want something shorter than a super-tele, and (b) because you feel like a right dork wandering around a small country town, taking the odd picture of architecture and weird old shops and such, carrying a great big black DSLR like a paparazzi. On a birding walk I usually take a spare body and a general-purpose lens, but it's all weight and bulk and I'm not getting any younger.

Not sure if I'll actually do something about this or just think about it before putting my sadly abused wallet away again, but I'd be interested to hear any thoughts AP members might have about a suitable pocket-size camera.

It would need to be reasonably inexpensive (I can't justify spending a lot on this fairly peripheral want), but something better than a telephone. (In any case, I don't have a smart phone and don't want one.) There are compact APS-C cameras about but they are probably a bit out of my price range. Nor am I keen on going back to the typical very-small-sensor compacts. Possibly something around about the 4/3rds mark might do the trick. No need for interchangeable lenses. Prefer to have a real viewfinder, or at least an EVF. Prefer to have the ability to shoot raw + JPG too.

Any thoughts?