Thread: Pocket camera

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pocket camera

I know you don't want to hear it, Tony, but for what you describe there (more or less all but the raw format option) I cannot tell you the amount of memories I've been able to capture with my iPhone that would otherwise have been lost in time.

I've had Samsung, Sony (Xperia was terrible), Nokia (quite a while back) and even the iPhone 4 and prior was awful too... but I've had many where I just plain opted not to take photos as the results were too poor.

At the moment I have the iPhone se and my wife the latest iPhone (6 or 7?) and using either, I am consistently pleased with the results. For what it is.

Aside from taking a pretty decent "normal" photo, my favourite functions are the burst function (essential with two young kids), HDR function (which is not HDR as I imagine it. It acts more as a glare/highlight thief than a function that produces unreal "overcooked" images), and the panoramic function (despite my constantly wobbly hands).

I guess the main thing is it's essentially "free" if you're paying for phone/data usage already anyway. And I believe my wife's current model iPhone is also waterproof for a short distance.

Anyway, I know you stipulated you didn't want a phone, but I was just reading your opening post thinking how ideal, and compact and "cheap" and perfect for your needs (minus the raw option) it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Geoff79; 28-07-2017 at 3:06pm.