Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Canon 6D Mk II annouced.....

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 6D Mk II annouced.....

I have just had a flurry of e-mails from local suppliers announcing the Canon 6D Mk II.

The highly anticipated evolution of the esteemed Canon 6D,The 6D II comes with some well considered improvements and exciting newfeatures.
    - Touch sensitive, fully articulating flip screen
    - Touch to navigate, touch to focus, and touch to capture
    - 26.2 MP
    - ISO range 100-40000
    - Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus
    - 45 Point autofocus system, with all 45 cross type
    - DIGIC7 processor
    - 6.5 FPS

Link to a YouTube video from Digital Camera Warehouse e-mail:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1A...ature=youtu.be

This link from Digidirect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLd9Y2EL3w

RRP seems to be $2999

Cheers

Dennis
    Last edited by nardes; 29-06-2017 at 4:41pm.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good bit of kit.

Might make Nikon get off their bum and do something special with the D750 update.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't interested in a 6D, but the articulating screen is a real winner for me. I've missed that feature ever since I replaced my wonderful old Nikon Coolpix 4500 in ... er ... 2004 probably. I reckon I'd rekindle my long-dormant interest in macro if I had an articulating screen. (And I've often considered something like a 70D or 80D for that very reason.)

I certainly want to replace my primary landscaping camera, a 5D II, in order to get an AF system that is nice to use. The 6D would do that job around about as well as a much more expensive 5D IV, and have the bonus of an articulated screen.

On the other hand, I really want to improve my low-light bird pictures (all those rainforest skulkers: Bassian Thrush, Logrunner, Rufous Fantail, Pale-yellow Robin, Pilotbird, and so on). I've already upgraded my flash for that reason, and I suspect that a 5D IV would help a lot with its excellent AF system (about equal to the 1
    D IV, probably even better in very poor light), great noise handling (superior to 1D IV and even the 5D II) and detailed resolution (slightly better than a 1D IV, significantly better than a 5D II).

In short, the 6D II is around half the price of a 5D IV and would (for me) do half as many jobs. I'm probably better to spend the extra on a 5D IV.

But for the more general photographer, the 6D II sounds like a winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Eaach!

Quote Originally Posted by DPR
    Autofocus response in one-shot mode is fast and positive, but the downside of adopting the 80D's PDAF autofocus system is obvious when you put your eye to the viewfinder. Because it is inherited from a cropped-sensor camera, the AF array occupies a comparatively small, central area of the 6D II's frame. The relative lack of lateral AF coverage means that the 6D Mark II won't be particularly versatile when it comes to off-center compositions or tracking
    That's a deal-breaker. If I wanted a low-rent AF system that only covers a tidgy little diamond in the centre of the screen, I'd just keep the 5D II I've already got.

Quote Originally Posted by DPR
    but to be quite honest, I suspect that most potential buyers won't care
    This one does. 6D II is officially off my radar.
    Last edited by Tannin; 29-06-2017 at 11:45pm.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.