User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: printer problem

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printer problem

I have a Epson Workforce WF-3620, it is now 14 months old. Up til now it gave me reasonable good colour prints. I have noticed over the last couple of days it has been giving me Pasquale colours. Today I printed my favourite BRIGHT YELLOW rose, and it came out pink. I then printed my favourite BRIGHT RED autumn leaves and it came out BRIGHT RED...... I went on to print out a green stem with some green aphids on it and they came out GREY. I have run all the maintenance checks. I have changed some cartridges that were a little low. I am using Epson Ink and Epson glossy paper. Any ideas before I ring Epson on Monday morning.
    I have been taking photos for 50 years. I am now trying to get into Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.
    Check to see that it's not running out of some color.
    It is a CMYK ink printer. That BRIGHT you're talking about could mean
    it's running out of CYAN (ink). But the other problems may mean that
    all the inks are not getting onto the paper properly.

Do you have a [status monitor] program with that printer? That tells you the state of the ink cartridges.
    Or, have you done a printer test that may show you if you need to do a head clean?

Call Epson, but I think they'll say the same sort of thing after you have (possibly) waited a while.
    CC, Image editing OK.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun trying to get through to Epson!

First port of call for any printer related problems like that described, is to download any driver updates from Epson and install them.
    If you don't have the driver for the printer on a disk of some kind, and there is no update, then download whatever was the latest driver from Epson and install that.

What can happen is that Windows may have updates something else, and it fudged the driver installed for the printer.
    Can happen.

So if you did nothing else, such as recently change cartridges or some other hardware of even software related change, then the driver is always the first port of call for printer problems.

Also note, there are many unscrupulous vendors that have no issue selling you 'genuine' manufacturer inks, when in fact they've sold you refills, packed into genuine looking cartridges!
    This is usually from online vendors tho.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The printer keeps me up to date with any problems..... In fact too many. It tells me if I am using the wrong size, type etc. of paper.

I have run the maintenance checks and the head cleaning program. etc etc...

I have not re loaded the last updates, which I keep getting prompted to do.

So first thing is to do that.

All my ink comes from Epson or Officeworks.

- - - Updated - - -

Up dates installed via Epson. No difference......

- - - Updated - - -

It maybe something I have missed. You have to set the paper type and size on Windows Photo Viewer. in this case Epson Glossy A4, best print, etc. etc.

You also have to set that info into the printer. in this case ..... Glossy, A4, Border/less, weight 200gm, etc. etc But the printer keeps telling me it is the wrong paper type and I have to over ride that message on the printer.

I think it's a call to Epson.

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to print from Photoshop, I had all sorts of issues with my epson R1800, I cound never get consistent prints. I found the issue was related to Photoshop, the answer was to process with PS and then print using Canon's DPP.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil...I am printing from Windows Photo Viewer.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update on printer....I have run the head cleaning etc. through 6 - 7 times, and everything looked OK, there was no broken lines in the print outs. Then I realized, there was no broken lines on the YELLOW, because there was no YELLOW, printing out at all. The printer is still under warranty and is doing a 2 hour trip to the nearest EPSON repairer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there was yellow ink in the cartridge but the printer wasn't squirting it onto the paper? Bit of a bummer having to take it back for repairs but at least you found out what the problem was.
    -- Mister Q

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken lines in the YELLOW output usually mean clogged head or (less likely) running out of that color.
    But, it will be interesting to hear what Epson say

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not have broken lines in the yellow. I had no yellow at all, and it was a new cartridge. Thanks everyone the printer is at Business works waiting for a call.

there was another problem with the printer, which I reported to them. I mostly print on Epson Glossy, so I tell the printer I am printing on Epson Glossy. I tell The computer I am printing on Glossy. etc. etc. But when I send. It always tell me "wrong paper type" and the red light flashes and I have to override the error message.
    Last edited by thegrump; 23-05-2017 at 6:13pm. Reason: extra