User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Canon Camera User Manuals

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Canon Camera User Manuals

Welcome the the Canon brand user manuals thread.

We invite Ausphotography members to contribute to these brand based threads by adding in links to user manuals.

The concept is:

Brand : Model : Link to user manual

Eg
    Nikon : D800 : http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.co...s/16/D800.html

As we develop these brand based threads, they should become a good repository for members to seek out specific user manuals and to also help assist newer members who you may be able to direct to a specific page of their manual to help guide them.

So please feel free to contribute by adding a link to a camera brand / model user manual, into these threads.

The threads are stickied at the top of the Gear Talk Forum, Brand Specific sections.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I love that Rick has linked this. So useful for us Canon people

Got the 80D recently. Not sure why I need to link this as anyone buying a 80D should still be getting a printed user manual also.
    This is the 526 user manual for it ... http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/030002..._Manual_EN.pdf
    Last edited by Mark L; 10-05-2017 at 10:28pm.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small 178 page Basic Instruction Manual came with my 7DMK11.. 546 more pages here http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...301661501.html

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea.
    I have downloaded my Nikon manual in pdf format and loaded it onvto my phone. Not so easy to use but beats carrying around a physical book, and I can zoom in so it is more readable in any light.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im thinking of buying a canon 5D mk4 from an online supplier but it wont come with an english user manual !
    i was wondering if there is any way to purchase a manual as i like to use a book and wondering on peoples thought's on buying online .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one from DWI a week or so ago, Graham. It was a split kit - i.e, originally packaged as a body with lens, but they removed the lens for sale individually (in a white box) and shipped the body to me in the half-empty fits-both box. I'm perfectly happy with that. Indeed, I bought my 24-105 years ago as a white-box one (split from a kit), so in a way I'm just re-marrying the two.

My 5D IV would have been for the Chinese market, I reckon, as someone had helpfully set it to English language but made no other changes: even the date was set to 2016. This must be a routine they follow on the theory that it saves support calls and trouble later. It came with a huge manual - over 600 pages! My first thought was that it would be one of those annoying 16-language things, but no, it was 600+ pages of detailed English text and drawings.

It's been a long time since I bought a new camera - my most recent ones prior would be 7D and 1D IV - and it took me a couple of days to wade through the manual, trying things out as I went. Not all 600+ pages: I skipped the movie chapter (zero interest) and the Live View chapter (not much interest), and the chapter about doing stuff like printing and developing raws in-camera that no sane person with access to a computer would consider, but that still leaves some serious study.

I'll say this for Canon: they provide truly excellent manuals. Everything is covered, and given the complexity of the task, most things are easy to find and clearly explained.

If you just want to look some obscure thing up, on-line manuals are far superior. Say, for example, that I'm camped out in the bush somewhere and I suddenly want to know how to use Live View after all for something I want to shoot in the morning. I just look it up on my laptop. I keep a copy of all the relevant camera and flash manuals on my hard drive for this very purpose. But if you want to sit down and do some serious study - e.g., work through all the custom function settings with camera in hand - there is nothing like a proper paper manual.

About the 5D IV: you will love it. Simply a superb bit of kit. Hard to imagine what they could do to improve it. Enjoy!
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Tannin .

DWI was the supplier i was thinking of buying from too and hope it comes with the same manual as yours did , i like flicking through a paper manual also !

I cant wait to use th 5d mk4 as ive heard its a great camera and looking forward to owning my first FF canon , i currently own a 7d which has been an awesome camera but find the high ISO performance not so good !

I was wondering because you bought your camera recently if it had the the firmware update installed because i read you had to send it to an authorized canon repairer to be done and what is the difference bettween buying a split box unit compared to a body only unit !

Fingers crossed i get the same manual and thanks again for the reply

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realise that I'm 7 months late on this thread but will comment anyway. I purchase all my gear through DCW. The product comes in a Canon box, full warranty etc. I purchased my 60D in 2012. The package came with a printed manual. The problem was that the print was so small that I couldn't read it without a magnifying glass. I downloaded the PDF version and printed it out duplex on A4 paper then had the girls in the office Spirax bind it for me. All thanks to my old employer. I browse it regularly. Expensive to undertake this project privately I know but it was a must for my tried eyes.
    Geoff Port
    Geoff Portbury owns,

EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.