User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Shout out to all our NE QLD members

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shout out to all our NE QLD members

STAY SAFE!! HOPING YOU ALL SURVIVE CYCLONE DEBBIE WITH LITTLE OR NO DAMAGE.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Shout!] SAME HERE! [/SHOUT]
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed.
    We had a 90 second cyclone in February and I just can't imagine what what a topical one would be like.
    All the best folks.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Queenslander I am thankful that our governments (no matter which party is in power) handle natural disasters like this so well. Ergon personnel were camped at the Rockhampton showgrounds waiting and ready to get to the affected area ASAP after Debbie crossed the coast. Army engineers from Townsville and Brisbane are on their way to help with the clean up. Our eldest son left with his army reserve unit for Proserpine last night to assist with the clean up. Rural Fire Brigades and SES have also sent volunteers into the area.

Thankfully, for such a huge system, there hasn't been any loss of life and I've only heard of one serious injury. Lots of property damage of course and sugar prices will probably go higher due to crop loss.
    Glenda

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info Glenda - Aussies do such a great job when the need arises for us all to pitch in together and get the job done.
    I believe that not only will the price of sugar rise but veggies as well.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I think it's mainly tomatoes and capsicum which have been affected but not 100% sure. Apparently there has been a bridge wash out between Rockhampton and Mackay which will slow things up considerably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay safe QLD'ers & don't take risks. No matter how good the shot is, it's not worth your life.
    Last edited by piczzilla; 30-03-2017 at 5:18pm.
    https://www.instagram.com/piczzilla

D800 || Sigma Macro 105mm f2.8 || Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 || Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 || various trinkets

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplates View Post
    As a Queenslander I am thankful that our governments (no matter which party is in power) handle natural disasters like this so well.
    Have to agree with you on that Glenda, and good to read that you are OK.

Very wet here in Brisbane it has not stopped raining since 11.30am yesterday sometimes light other times heavy rain, also very windy at present.
    Sad that we have to get the rain as a result of the aftermath of a Cyclone though. Even though we needed it badly.
    Today the Government sent a Text to mobiles that all schools will be closed, a little too late for anyone going to work though.
    Townsville born I have experiences quite a few Cyclones in my time and its amazing how many people rally around to help the ones that need it..

The Best News is about no loss of life, hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for letting us know how things are up your way.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplates View Post
    Yep, I think it's mainly tomatoes and capsicum which have been affected but not 100% sure. Apparently there has been a bridge wash out between Rockhampton and Mackay which will slow things up considerably.
    That's on the old road. The coast road is still open with care around Granite Creek. The old road is washed out near the Tartrus turnoff, and at Lotus Creek. the old Sarina Range roadway is impassable too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how we in Townsville started out prepping for a bad cyclone - food, petrol, water etc & we got nothing.
    No wind, little rain. Not even significant rain to top up our 18% 'full' dam for the looming dry season.

But then everyone south of us gets hammered. Kind of like dodging a bullet but watching your friend get shot.

So thinking of all of you.... friends, family & strangers in the initial impact area around bowen, whitsundays, mackay, plus CQ & SE Qld who are awash tonight.
    Hope you are all doing ok . Good luck & stay safe!
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Townsville missed out alright. My sister lives up there and she got 5mm in total at her place. Here's a Facebook page with photos of the Lotus Creek Roadhouse. This is water damage, not wind damage. In the days before they upgraded and sealed the coast road, this was highway 1. When it rained, this creek would come up and people travelling north or south would have to turn around and go back. If they were unlucky, Connors River or Funnel Creek would have come up behind them and they'd be stuck there for days without food or water.

https://www.facebook.com/erika.kemp.18?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
    Last edited by Warbler; 31-03-2017 at 10:29am.