Quote Originally Posted by dbax View Post
Whilst not recommending this on our native fauna, a spade seperates the head from the body, should you get into strife! maybe add one to your kit!

If your looking to start somewhere shooting some reptiles, snakes or lizards I'd recommend joining an Australian reptile forum and finding info about a herp society/club. You'll meet members who are passionate about this kind of stuff and are very knowledgeable on local species. Most of these guys also regularly take time to go herping (exploring areas looking for local wildlife and id'ing them, kinda like bird watching lol but up close). Not to sure what the scene is like over in Tassie though, or actually how many snakes you have roaming around there lol assuming its way to cold, I know you do get quite a few snow skinks up that way, heres something I found http://www.australianreptileforum.co...ead.php?t=4253

Really your best bet though would to be just to visit a wildlife park, most places should have a reptile house or something similar where you can take your sweet time to getting just the right shot (they're fast little buggers) plus you don't have to worry about anything since your separated between glass obviously , Good luck