Now I know there's been a few threads on this, but they are a few years old and there could be something new to discuss between then and now.

I'm keen on an Ultrawide for my d7100.

The cheapest ($250-$300 ish) is the Sigma EX 10-20mm f/4.0 - 5.6 DC EX HSM. It's also got the widest view of those I'm considering (10mm) but get's some so-so reviews for corner sharpness and distorsion.

The darling seems to be the Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f2.8 Pro DX II. Constant aperture, fast enough for low light, and great optics. Will cost around $550-$600.

There's the older sister, the Tokina AT-X 12-24mm f4.0 Pro DX. Again, constant aperture, not super fast but when most of the shooting is at f8-12... and will cost around $350 - $400.

My current walk around is a Tamron 17-55, and I don't think I'll get below 17mm very often.

Currently I'm leaning towards saving a little more for the 11-16mm, though I passed today on a good value deal for the Sigma 10-20 (no paypal available from the seller!).

Not having the opportunity to hold any of these before I buy them, have any other users bought any of the above and regretted it? I'm sure that the more I analyse it the worse it gets.

[top]