User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Nikon D750 and Card Error message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D750 and Card Error message.

Hi all!
    Have this gremlin with my D750 on two occasions now.
    While shooting one day I had a "card error" on my screen. The camera locked up for a bit and would not take any photos.
    After speaking with Nikon service Australia they said it could be the cards or camera. Trouble shoot cards first and go from there.
    I shoot with 2x Sandisk and/or sandisk pro cards and write RAW to each slot at the same time
    Anywho... I had these cards replaced and all worked well for a month or two.
    Saturdays wedding I had this happen again, for the second time now.
    There was also another photographer there on the day which had not experienced it yet with his D750 and ironically it happened to him twice that day within 10 mins.
    Really weird!

Has this happened to anyone before?
    Nikon service doesn't think so

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have this issue with mine. What firmware version are you on? Have you tried upgrading the firmware?

Dpreview review had some posts about this but I never saw resolution to the problem.

I had a different error message which turned out to be the shutter replacement issue on mine.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply!
    Great question. I am running the latest version which is 1.10 or something like that. Nikon service confirmed this with me earlier. Also tried factory reset on camera so will see how this goes.
    It's just very unsettling. Every shoot I use this camera I always dred it happening again.
    Last edited by Marchoos; 16-01-2017 at 12:09pm.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchoos View Post
    Thanks for your reply!
    Great question. I am running the latest version which is 1.10 or something like that. Nikon service confirmed this with me earlier. Also tried factory reset on camera so will see how this goes.
    It's just very unsettling. Every shoot I use this camera I always dred it happening again.
    Do you at least have a backup body? it would be a little bit scary having this happen at a wedding.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely I sure do! I have 2 others I can use it's just terrifying.
    After the error message I take both cards out right away and put others in (just in case)
    After transferring the images, one card has a few more shots on it the other one hadn't saved either