Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Please don't sell AP

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't sell AP

My favourite travel site virtualtourist is closing down. Its a sad day for many members. Like AP, VT has a warm friendly community atmosphere. A couple of years back Trip Advisor bought out VT. Guess they knew then what they were going to do. Now I am madly copying my tons of pages, travelogues and travel stories. 16 years worth!
    Whilst AP is different it still doesn't detract from the fact that a bigger impersonal photography site won't one day snap up AP and ......
    Please assure me this won't happen This site is fast becoming my favourite.
    Cheers, Ann

60D, Canon 18-200mm, Canon Fisheye, Canon Macro, Canon 50mm prime, Tripod. Photoshop Elements, Picasa.

www.travellerspoint.com/users/aussirose www.flickr.com/aussirose

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have no reason to sell the site.. though I have had several offers over the years.

One of the best ways you can ensure AP continues as is, is to support the site advertisers, cause that is what pays to keep AP going.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is an un-sponsored, unsolicited post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post

One of the best ways you can ensure AP continues as is, is to support the site advertisers, cause that is what pays to keep AP going.
    I think this needs highlighting sometimes somewhere on AP. Do members that have joined in the last year know this sort of thing?

Every one is free to donate to the running costs of AP.
    You might need to create an account here .... http://shop.ausphotography.net.au/catalog/index.php , to see this .... http://shop.ausphotography.net.au/catalog/index.php
    Yeah, I'm heading off to make a donation now . If more of us gave some money Rick might even be able to offer more prizes in the comps.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you Rick. I will make a donation too. And you a right. The more members that get involved the more AP continues to be the great site that it is