Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error message F-- Lens not attached

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    I might add, that the eraser is the soft rubber type & is very effective in removing that 'tarnish' appearance on the contacts. .....
    eraser fixed my Siggy 10-20 with only 1 light pass.
    I had the same issue that TG has while I was out'n'about where the camera would basically lockup.
    Remove lens, refit .. it helped a couple of times, but it was all over the place.

@ home, I did the eraser thing and have never had trouble with the Siggy ever since.

The contact cleaner fixed my Tamron 28-75 issue.
    I only used the contact cleaner because I discovered that I had some left over! Otherwise I'd have just used the eraser again.
    Contact cleaner sprayed onto a cotton bud so it was wet. cotton bud swiped over contacts on the wet side, then a very light swipe on the dry side, you don't want lint coming off, so just a light drying action. In fact it doesn't really need it, I just did it.
    Never had an issue with the Tammy again either.

ps. I'm also going colourblind. I thought that most lens contacts are gold coloured, but are in fact a silvery silver colour, whereas the Sigma's are different using a dark coloured finish.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post

ps. I'm also going colourblind. I thought that most lens contacts are gold coloured, but are in fact a silvery silver colour, whereas the Sigma's are different using a dark coloured finish.
    My Sigma 150mm macro lens appears to be gold, but I've had gold contacts on pc boards etc go dull & can even get a dark bronze appearance. The rubber cleans that up nicely & then I use alcohol, isopropyl preferably, but metho will do if buffed dry afterwards.
    Last edited by Ross the fiddler; 15-01-2017 at 12:05pm.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing seemed to be working, so I took off the piece from the lens with the ball like connections. I took the whole center out, then realized you could take the single piece out. I gave the connections a tap from the back, then reassembled the thing. It is working, or at least for the last couple of hours. I have taken the lens off and reconnected it a dozen times. I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way.
    I have been taking photos for 50 years. I am now trying to get into Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congs, TG.
    CC, Image editing OK.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have taken the mount apart and then put together again and it's working, then most likely a connection issue to the CPU.
    The CPU is what allows the camera to recognise the lens.

So the ribbon connection to the CPU is mostly likely failing, not the contacts themselves.
    The ribbon connection is quite fragile(very thin wires) and almost certain to be solder joints playing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to Google "congs" but agree, congs 2u TG.
    Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12