Thread: Where is this place?

All lines lead to Home ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is this place?

Hi All,

We are thinking of doing the North Island net year, and I came across this place online that I would really like to visit. It is at Mount Taranaki, however I don't know which walking track it is located on. I know a few of us here have been to NZ and have prolly seen it before.

The picture is on the following website:

http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec...national-park/

http://www.teara.govt.nz/files/p-25244-nsil_0.jpg

http://farm1.nzstatic.com/_proxy/ima...1CA3FB51813D3D

It has got Mount Taranaki in the background and a little lake in the foreground.
    Regards,
    Phil

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could start by searching New Plymouth/Egmont through NZ's AA (Automobile Association, not that other!)...GOOGLE is a wonderful tool, easy to use -
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The little lake is actually called a tarn. if you google Mount Taranaki Tarn, you will find out more or.. clicky.. and scroll down. Lots of tarns in Tassie, so I knew what to search for.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have time I would also do Lake Taupo and Huka Falls, then head down to Mt Ruapehu. Was there in July this year and loved it.

All lines lead to Home ...
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
    If you have time I would also do Lake Taupo and Huka Falls, then head down to Mt Ruapehu. Was there in July this year and loved it.
    Thanks mate, yeah we're also looking at those areas too! So much to see and do!

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The little lake is actually called a tarn. if you google Mount Taranaki Tarn, you will find out more or.. clicky.. and scroll down. Lots of tarns in Tassie, so I knew what to search for.
    Thanks Rick! I gotta visit Tassie again. How's the snow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    You could start by searching New Plymouth/Egmont through NZ's AA (Automobile Association, not that other!)...GOOGLE is a wonderful tool, easy to use -

Thanks mate