Thread: Photo Labs in Melbourne

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Labs in Melbourne

Hello,

My family have now settled in Melbourne, rented a house and moved all the furniture in. After 2 months in storage I finally hooked my desktop computer up and now I have the ability to process some photos.

I'm looking for some local knowledge on recommended photo printing labs in and around Melbourne. I had a couple of good ones back in Perth, so I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on what Melbourne has to offer.

I do like to go into a store with USB in hand and speak with the staff (sharpening amounts and paper choices etc), so a place with good customer service is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Wayne.

Canon user in training.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work as a courier(important note! .. not as a photographer!!)
    Years ago doing my duties as this courier a major part of the days workload was predominantly getting films from a photographer to a print lab(and back).

Photographers were pretty pedantic on what they'd want from the labs of their choice, so I'd be pingponging back and forth from each.
    (note that the money this rewarded me with was on the fantastic side .. considering what I was doing .. hooning around on a motorbike! )

anyhow, my recollection of the two places that produced high quality prints were Prism graphics in North Melbourne(which I've personally used over the years myself) and also E6Plus in Prahran(Bangs St) and CPL in Wellington St, Windsor.

Those were the three major players back in the day.
    I don't think E6Plus or CPL exist any more .. at least not in the locations I remember them too.

ps. just did a search for CPL now called CPL Digital and they're in Thistletwaite St, Sth Melb.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ready to Print
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic authurking83 for that info.

I've moved to the western suburbs, so I'll check them both out.

Thanks for the reply.