User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

Thread: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : 2017 challenges and competitions

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : 2017 challenges and competitions

With the current discussions on the themes for our 2017 competitions and our 2017 Members Challenge, the mod team are slowly putting together plans for the themes for 2017, using the best themes from the past 10 years on Ausphotography.

Please keep suggesting ideas for themes in the respective threads (linked above), as we still have a way to go on this.

However, we have decided to do one thing differently for 2017. All competitions and challenges for 2017 with their themes will be posted and available to members before the end of 2016. Yep, every competition theme (photo of the week and hostgeek photo of the month) along with every weekly challenge theme for the whole 2017 year, will be announced later in 2016.

Note that we encourage members to use this information to plan your photography. As always we like to see new images entered, rather than ones from your existing libraries. So please do not use having all the themes available to you, as a way to pre-prepare your entries from photos you have already taken. Rather use the knowledge of the themes to plan to take your entry photos throughout 2017.

We have decided to announce them all in advance, as a way to encourage participation.
    Last edited by MarkChap; 21-11-2016 at 9:51pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea Ricktas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards

Wayne

Nikon D610, Samyang 24mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70 2.8, Nikkor 50mm 1.4G, Nikkor 70-300mm 4.5, Manfrotto & MeFOTO tripods, Ninja pano head & LEE filters

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a suggestion Rick. Instead of setting subjects as themes, maybe you could select skills as themes. By way of explanation, I mean instead of say "Sport", or "Ruined", maybe something like "Rear-Curtain Synch", or "Bulb", or "Panning"? It might encourage people to expand their skills a bit. At the moment, what I see is lots of landscapes and <cough> birds shoe-horned into themes with very slim relevance to the theme. Those images can still go into the open comps, and I still like to see great shots from both those genres. Now don't go flaming me guys. I'm having day off and enjoying it so far.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Just a suggestion Rick. Instead of setting subjects as themes, maybe you could select skills as themes. By way of explanation, I mean instead of say "Sport", or "Ruined", maybe something like "Rear-Curtain Synch", or "Bulb", or "Panning"? It might encourage people to expand their skills a bit. At the moment, what I see is lots of landscapes and <cough> birds shoe-horned into themes with very slim relevance to the theme. Those images can still go into the open comps, and I still like to see great shots from both those genres. Now don't go flaming me guys. I'm having day off and enjoying it so far.
    We have done that before. And it will be incorporated into the themes for comps or challenges during 2017, as it is about the best themes from the past.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is good. You'll find the quality of entries improving.