Hi all,

I'm posting out of excitement and a little bit of nervousness (but mostly excitement). You see, lately I've been perusing job websites for short-term casual employment (think babysitting, retail, etc) and I came across an interesting Photographer Wanted advert. I'm not a professional in any way, but enquired for this role as it caught my eye. I was really honest and mentioned my equipment and its limits, that I'm an amateur and am passionate about photography as a hobby. But I've received a reply, and it looks like I may be committing to a real-life photoshoot! The job is for a female bodybuilder who wants some nicer images of herself, just to get her name out there and eventually delve into product promotion and competitions. This is a whole other world for me, and I am so intrigued to experience it first-hand. The catch is, it's unpaid (which is totally fine - I probably wouldn't have applied if it was), BUT she is wanting to swap photos for one-on-one personal training sessions! The irony is, I'm unfit, unmotivated, and it is totally unlike me to move outside of my comfort zone to even apply for something like this let alone take up fitness training haha. But I figured, the new year is looming, it's a great opportunity to pursue, so what the hell! I'll be meeting with her next week to show her some of my photos so far (mostly of family and friends, but she's aware of that). So if you guys are interested, I'd love to get feedback on my first images--assuming it all goes ahead--and keep you all updated!

I am busting with excitement right now! Just had to share