User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: POPulists Pulled Up by Rule Of Law...

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POPulists Pulled Up by Rule Of Law...

Well, that's the headline according to me. I heard this on the BBC news overnight, and again now...

Here's the ABC's article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-0...-court/7994466

How convenient of those absolute POPLULISTS, Boris Johnson and his ilk!! Whip up the support
    of rabble and CONveniently try to by-pass the rule of law. -- And in Britain, of all places!!

Now they're spitting chips over the court ruling and are going to appeal!! - WHAT?!! Do they still
    NOT understand? -- An ACT of Parliament is required!! WHAckos all of them.

We had Hilter, there is DT (Delirium Tremens of thought processes in the US), and now the reactionary
    elements of Britain leading the masses by the nose!!! (What'll we do here, I wonder?)

(Boy, I H8 populism!!)

Interestingly, I heard that it may be necessary for the Scottish parliament to pass similar laws for the whole
    UK exit to be valid
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, only the left knows what's good for us all. Of course when a popular vote goes their way, they are happy to claim it as a victory for democracy as in the Irish referendum. The people have spoken on Brexit and the politicians should now enable the will of the majority. If that requires a parliamentary vote, then so be it, but they should be voting for the majority view as expressed by the people. Those expats behind the challenge need to decide if they want to remain British, or because EU citizens via the countries they currently reside in.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warbs. I see what you mean, and tend to agree. I'm mostly railing against the methods used and how they seem to have
    forgotten how to do things.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Yep, only the left knows what's good for us all.
    \
    But even them jokers can't get away with things if it doesn't conform to law.
    It's not the lefties that made the law that says parliament has to make the final decision on Brexit.

And more important than this stuff is the U.S.A election on Tuesday.
    What effect does the left have on that Warbler??

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post

And more important than this stuff is the U.S.A election on Tuesday.
    What effect does the left have on that Warbler??
    Not much. All is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the version of democracy that has been used in various "earth shaking" elections / referenda his year, sometimes when people vote for things you don't get the result you wanted!

And if that happens the answer is not to keep calling for more votes until you get the answer you want.....
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney View Post
    I love the version of democracy that has been used in various "earth shaking" elections / referenda his year, sometimes when people vote for things you don't get the result you wanted!

And if that happens the answer is not to keep calling for more votes until you get the answer you want.....
    Not sure I understand.
    So who's calling for more votes??
    And the people got the result of voted for and therefore wanted??

Wether they get what they voted for is another thing again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who's calling for more votes??
    And the people got the result of voted for and therefore wanted??
    Mark L, the Scottish National Party want a rerun of the Independence Referendum, because they want to get an answer that they didn't get the last time. Several political parties in the UK want to rerun the BREXIT vote, or more correctly have demanded that in order to start the BREXIT process there has to be a vote in Parliament by MPs (who will do their best to vote against).

What a lot of people need to understand these days is that sometimes they don't get what they wanted and the only thing they can do is put up with it!