I just returned from the US, and before they'd let me in had to answer the usual range of screening questions. Some of them are getting a tad silly .... such as :-

1) are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities? (Yeah, right ..... I can imagine all the crooks fessing up to this one on the spot!)

2) have you ever been involved in espionage or sabotage or in terrorist activities or genocide? (So they expect all terrorists to put their hands up and say "It's a fair cop - you caught me! I was planning on genocide, but ... well ...... you got me on that one)

3) in between 1933 and 1945 were you involved in any way in persecution associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? (Say what ???? Talk about holding a grudge!!!)

Once I've answered all of these, then I have to sign a statement waiving my rights to review or appeal if they decide they don't like me!!! Nothing like a fair process - not!

Even before we got within a bull's roar of the US coast, Qantas announces that America doesn't like us congregating, so no-one was to gather in groups of more than 2 near the toilets in case it upsets any Americans who might be watching. F%$# off .... it's an Australian plane - wait until we land at least before you start dictating what we can do!!!

...... and they wonder why people don't like them. Sheesh. I had to go through the scanners 3 times because I had tissues in my pocket ..... probably thought I was engaging in germ warfare.

Passing through customs in the US is just not worth the hassle .... I'd rather go someplace else.