User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  31

Thread: Camera hood - to use or not to use - that is the question!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera hood - to use or not to use - that is the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Really? How does that work then?

Don't forget this one from his site

" I have a big sense of humor, and do this site to entertain you (and myself), as well as to inform and to educate. I occasionally weave fiction and satire into my stories to keep them interesting. I love a good hoax....... A hoax, like some of the things I do on this website, is done as a goof simply for the heck of it by overactive minds as a practical joke. Even Ansel Adams kidded around when he was just a pup in the 1920s by selling his photos as "Parmelian Prints." I have the energy and sense of humor of a three-year old, so remember, this is a personal website, and never presented as fact. I enjoy making things up for fun, as does The Onion, and I publish them here — even on this page."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    http://photo.stackexchange.com/quest...m-bokeh-effect

Have a look at where the graphic called optical vignetting and then think of a hood in place and how this could impact it. As mentioned, not sure if it's correct. Only reason I knew about this was when I got my 70-200 I was confused about the cats eye bokeh on the edges when wide open and some of the responses seemed to indicate the hood could have an effect. If you think about the shaped bokeh lens hoods you can buy that make heart shapes, diamonds etc then there could be some truth because even when the hood is out of view, it still impacts the bokeh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MissionMan; 29-09-2016 at 9:55am.