Thread: OOF!!!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOF!!!

No, it was not an elbow in the ribs.

I was "trying to do some research on" (ie, Googling) Refresh Rates for TVs.
    Specifically, I was trying to find out if on the whiz-bang 4K models, a 60Hz
    refresh rate was particularly bad for viewing.

Well, I found this interesting and well-written article, which I thought was worth
    posting about here.

It's by CNET, and it cites the USA refresh rates, but read 50Hz and 100Hz for here.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read when you get to the bit about what the manufacturers claim and what they deliver.

Seems like Samsung products aren't that hot, unless you buy a galaxy 7 and it self immolates. That is hot.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Seems like Samsung products aren't that hot, unless you buy a galaxy 7 and it self immolates. That is hot.
    I am onto my second one of those.. and it doesnt even get warm when charged. So I am going to continue to use it..till they force me to return it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... just thinking out aloud ...

What if we all pitched in and got Donald Trump a Galaxy Note 7 as a good will gesture for the upcoming election!

.. you reckon that would work?
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I am onto my second one of those.. and it doesnt even get warm when charged. So I am going to continue to use it..till they force me to return it.
    Better hang on to it as it seems that they just became a limited run production and a collectors piece.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Better hang on to it as it seems that they just became a limited run production and a collectors piece.
    hehe. Yep. My guess is that in a few weeks, samsung will force an update to disable the phone, so it has to be returned. They did similar with the first recall, where they forced an update to the phones to only allow them to charge to a max of 60%. Now its being recalled permanently, I suspect they will repeat that but with a much harsher charge limit, or they will disable it entirely.

This is going to cost $am$ung a lot of $$$$. People are going to demand refunds for all the accessories they have purchased as well. I have lodged a claim against my 360 camera cause it is now basically useless. Others are claiming for screen protectors, cases and more.