Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympus E-M1 MkII announcement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    DigiDirect have an Olympus sponsored kit with the 12-100 for $3,579. Amounts to a discount of about $900 compared with buying each separately.

Thread with details here:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...alia-AUD-3-579
    Hi John. where are you seeing this info? I can only see the 12-40/2.8 kit for $3599 on their website.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swifty,

In spite of my asking several times as to which lens, I have been misquoted . He quoted me for the E-M1 MkII + 12-40! NOT the 12-100.

They will give me a special deal to make up for it, but I am not very happy!

Sorry to mislead everyone here.
    Regards, john

Galleries: https://canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/page/gallery/

My galleries contain all sorts of stuff, not just some pretty pictures.

ILCs: E-M1 MkII; E-M1; E-30; E-510; E-1
    Digital lenses: 14-42 EZ; 12-50 macro; f/4 12-100 Pro; 40-150R; f/4.8-6.7 75-300; f/1.8 25; f/2.8 25 pancake; f/2 50 macro; f/4 7~14; 11~22; 14~42; 14~45; 14~54 MkII; 40~150 MkI; 40~150 MkII; 50~200 MkI; EX-25; EC-14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNQ View Post
    Pricing announced on FB today

The revolution is here #OMDrevolution.
    Officially announcing the release of the OM-D E-M1 Mark II flagship model, our most advanced interchangeable lens camera ever.
    www.olympus.com.au/OMDrevolution
    Available mid-December | RRP $2799AUD $3199NZD

http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/I...rk-II/Overview

Anyone want to buy a kidney?

Would absolutely love to try it with the 40-150/2.8 shooting sports ....especially netball & athletics..... but that would be an eye-watering $4300
    Might have to stick with the old D3 for sports for a while yet
    Ouch! So much for all the hype suggesting it would be about the same price as the EM1 when it was released. The IQ would want to have improved markedly to justify that kind of money. Although, the fact that you could potentially wear out the shutter in 42mins will be a strong selling point for those needing speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafy82 View Post
    Ouch! So much for all the hype suggesting it would be about the same price as the EM1 when it was released. The IQ would want to have improved markedly to justify that kind of money. Although, the fact that you could potentially wear out the shutter in 42mins will be a strong selling point for those needing speed.
    If it would be around the same price then the E-M1 body only was $1599 (2013) & in today's value (with a lower AU$) it would be about $2100 & slightly more (as was hinted by Olympus management) could be $2500. Anyhow, next year should see these prices improve & if you can wait for the bonus or cashback offers, then it should be much better.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafy82 View Post
    I think you'll be highly disappointed if you are expecting IQ leaps and bounds better than the last gen. It will be incremental, and the increments are getting smaller as we approach theoretical QE limits of bayer sensors.
    Going by some of the reviews going around, the improvements are elsewhere. Actually everywhere imaginable as there seems to be improvements in basically every aspect. Even in the size that has grown which should be a negative in the context of m43 strengths but everyone seem to be saying the grip is even better.
    The IBIS should be very very impressive when paired in sync IS with a lens like the 12-100 which I've tried. In a quick and dirty I could almost manage 4sec at 12mm on a Pen F. The EM1.2 betters this and with some practice this could certainly increase. Robin Wong has shown some very good results at >5sec exposures.
    That is an incredible increase in the hand holding shooting envelope.

But this arrives at a price. I'm not so much concerned about the actual price but the value. And this will differ from photographer to photographer.
    If all the improvements (of which a lot is concentrated on speed) are what you're looking for then you will find tremendous value in the upgrades even at the higher price. If you're looking for much better DR or high ISO IQ, you're likely to find better value elsewhere.

I personally like all the improvements but I don't need the speed so I might wait for some of the tech to trickle down to an E-M5 Mk III.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hands on review - Image Stabilisation is pretty impressive

https://robinwong.blogspot.com.au/20...ii-review.html
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Main Gallery and Even More Pics
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 5 seconds hand held is pretty cool. Looks like a good thing. Will be interesting to see a review from a sports photographer on the C-AF abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DPReview have named it their Camera Of the Year. That's a big call, but by all accounts as the reviews keep rolling in, it's looking more and more impressive.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imaging Resource has named it COTY ...

The store I have ordered from told me they should have it available this coming Monday .

I got my 12-100 2 weeks ago .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12