User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Selecton Brush variable hardness wanted

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selecton Brush variable hardness wanted

I am using PSE 14, and the brush selection seems to offer only soft, hard or airbrush. When using the clone tool, I would like to be able to vary the degree of softness. A web search reveals a bewildering abundance of artistic alternatives, but I think I would prefer a single brush adjustable for size and softness. All suggestions appreciated.
    cheers marty.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not a pro with elements, but as you know you can adjust the SIZE of the brush with the [ ] ( bracket ) key up and down , but if you hold shift and bracket key it will adjust the hardness/softness or by hitting the brush icon on the top menu bar it will bring up the option and you can adjust them there.. dont know if this is what you are looking for
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not across Elements these days. I still have PSE 8 but haven't used it for a while. Here is a cut & paste from Adobe help to reset tool preferences:

Do one of the following:
    Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

OR

Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

I can recommend the Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2015 subscription though. It was $9.95 per month when I started. I think it may have gone up a dollar or so with the devaluation of the Aussie dollar. You get the most up to date versions of Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge software available. It is a 12 month minimum subscription. Depending on your finances it maybe good value.
    Last edited by Hawthy; 06-09-2016 at 8:57pm.
    Andrew

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Paul, shift+[/] is all that I needed to know. My internet search skills need improvement, and somewhere I missed out on the kindergarten skills.
    cheers marty.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that advice Hawthy, will try that also.
    cheers marty
    Last edited by martycon; 07-09-2016 at 6:40pm.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm! I wonder if it's the same as in Photoshop??

Well, are you talking about "how much" or "how dense" the cloned section looks?

With (just about all the PS) brushes you can alter the Opacity and the Flow (you look up).
    Opacity goes from 100% to ... almost nothing.

Be aware of this, though: at any given opacity, do not go over it again after releasing the mouse button.
    For instance, if you clone at 50% opacity, then release the mouse and then go over the same area, the
    value will be 50%+some more.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am, neither as such, but the clone brush tool shows a circle which defines the size of affected area plus an area or zone of decreasing visibility (increasing opacity?) outside that circle. I wish to be able to vary that zone from zero to say twice the radius of the defining circle. I have used an old version of Adobe CS which provides the required facility. Meantime Paul's info is adequate for my present needs. regards marty