Thread: AVG PC Tune-Up

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AVG PC Tune-Up

Just a little heads up on this product. There is an "opt out" clause in the Terms and Conditions which requires you to cancel your subscription, or it will automatically renew at the new current rate. If you subscribed to this at the special discount rate twelve months ago, you're in for an unpleasant surprise in your email. Cancelling after you receive the paid invoice notification does not entitle you to a refund, merely cancellation of the next renewal. There was no notification from AVG prior to the automatic renewal which would have enabled me to cancel before renewal, so I'm pasting a link that came after the renewal which will allow others to avoid being clipped like me.

http://www.avg.com/au-en/subscriptio...AZTIog4wSRY%3D

I found the software largely ineffective, but at the special price of $9.95, I wasn't too worried about that. The renewal price is USD$49.99 or5 AUD$74.99 (according to my PayPal account) and a waste of money IMHO. If you subscribed to the initial offer, the time to cancel is now before the renewal goes through automatically. The software will continue to work until the expiry of the initial subscription period.
    Last edited by Warbler; 05-09-2016 at 12:45pm.