Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Posting photo in Competition - what am I doing wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting photo in Competition - what am I doing wrong

Hi All

I thought I'd put a photo into the weekly challenge but I can only add one via url. I'm a bit 'xxx' in that I can't use social media very well and would really prefer to add my photo from my laptop. I checked the instructions and it seems, according to what I found, that I should be able to do the link from home, but I'm not finding that once I get to the competition.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance

cheers

robynmau

ps: I can post [or have in the past anyway] posted photos direct to the forum:-)
    Last edited by robynmau; 04-09-2016 at 8:38pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the Competition or the weekly challenge? Two different things.

The competitions can be entered here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ompetition.php
    The weekly challenges are here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...lenges-52-2016

The way you enter each is different.

If you look at the main menu across the top of the site, click on Library and then How Do I. There are tutorials on there on how to post photos to the forums, which is the techniques you would use for the weekly challenges.

For the competitions, you need to follow the instructions on screen, in the competition menu.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are talking about adding a photo to the weekly challenge then just start writing your comment in the quick reply box, then click on Go Advanced at bottom right of the screen (below the emoticon things). This will now let you upload photos from your computer as usual. (click on the paper clip looking thing at the right of the top line)

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction:-)

I did check out the library tutorials for direction, but what I was seeing on my screen, was not how it was explained in the library. Hence I asked for more guidance here.

Maybe I'm just daft because I was trying to put a photo in the weekly competition #532. It's closed now, but I'm positive I was only getting a url to post against, but when I look at the #533 [current], I see a link & naming block to enter the competition, which is easy to understand.

I missed #532 but I'll keep looking out for future competitions that I might enter:-)

cheers
    robynmau

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mark

thanks for responding to my question:-)

I've now worked out what I did wrong. I was trying to post the photo using the 'little tree' icon on the second line of the first page, not the 'paperclip' from the 1st line from the 'go advanced' page.

I'll know which way to go in the future:-)

cheers
    robynmayu