User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: EBay win...or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EBay win...or not.

I just found a buy it now deal on a brand new d7200. I clicked on the buy it now button, confirmed my intention to buy, and made the payment straight away.

An hour later I get an email saying that there has been a listing error, and that he can't seem the d7200 to me for $109.

So do I push it, or let him go? I was pretty sure the price was an error, but you get enough chances to check the pricing before you list it, and technically I have fulfilled the contact.

Where do you stand?
    D5200 D7100 Limited talent, but lots of enthusiasm.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's a $1200. Camera. How would you feel if you made the same mistake? Did you buy it because of the price? If you were genuinely buying a camera maybe negotiate a new price? I would not hesitate and get my money back. Others will differ. JMHO. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bricat, I've been on the end of deals as a seller where it's cost me money to get something from me (the seller) to the buyer. As in I've paid more in postage than I received for the item itself. I've also sold things worth (to me anyway) $60 odd dollars for less than $10. I've also won auctions where the seller tells me 'Sorry, I'm not going to sell it for that' even though it's been listed for 10 days and there's nobody else in Australia who wanted to pay more than I did.

In this case, I contacted the selling business this morning and told him I'd be happy to cancel it and to return the money. It's a bit of a bummer, I finally come across a steaming bargain, and my conscience won't let me fight it out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as the old saying goes ' if it seems too good to be true, it probably is'. even on Ebay
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you brendo09. You will sleep soundly even if you feel a little disappointed. Karma will get you one day Cheers Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of hounded him for that price , as you said they check there price s and how many people are watching everyday so they ew what they were in for .I call it BARGAIN

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seller beware??

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Seller beware??
    --Or, don't be so selly?
    (Just havin' a lendovyer, Brendo)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to turn towards regret today for not hitting then up for the bargain on the week.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendo09 View Post
    I'm starting to turn towards regret today for not hitting then up for the bargain on the week.
    In your position I'd have had a close look at the sellers feedback. If they have lots of neutral or negative comments and appeared to be a bit on the shonky side, I may have decided to teach them a lesson by trying to force them to honour the sale agreement. I say 'trying' because it would go to fleaBay disputes, and they could very well rule in the sellers favour, seemingly believing in their claim that it was an 'honest' mistake.

Or the seller could refuse to send the item and be banned from fleaBay, but then they just open another account and carry on as usual.

I remember years ago in Sydney a major retailer advertised a big ticket item (I can't recall the actual figures) for say, $249.00 when the real price was actually something like $2490.00. They were swamped with prospective buyers but refused to honour the advertised price. The ACA stepped in and forced them to sell a certain number of the items at the advertised price, about six if my memory serves me correctly. It was an expensive smack on the wrist.

Mate, I think in this instance you have done the right thing.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What goes around comes around, go buy a lotto ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards

Wayne

Nikon D610, Samyang 24mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70 2.8, Nikkor 50mm 1.4G, Nikkor 70-300mm 4.5, Manfrotto & MeFOTO tripods, Ninja pano head & LEE filters