User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Melbourne Trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melbourne Trip

I am heading down to Melbourne tomorrow for work with very little notice. If anyone is heading out tomorrow evening or Friday morning and would like some additional company I would be keen to to join you.

I was thinking of photographing one,some or all of the following locations.
    Hosier Lane
    Princes Pier
    Eureka Skydeck
    Webb Bridge

If you are photographying somewhere else I don't mind.

I know it a long shot at this late stage but I thought I would put it out there.

Reply here or send me a PM.

Ged

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such short notice Ged, any other time, shift permitting would have been great...All good subjects. Hosier has been in the news of late, drugs & the like. They are talking about cleaning it up. You might be lucky both days with the weather, hope you get the shots you are after.
    Filter

EOS R & 16-35 f4 EF, 70-200 2.8 RF
    Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark II 7-14 12-40 40-150 Pro lens.
    EOS 7D Mark II - 70D - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, 17 - 55 2.8 Lenses

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew it was a long shot. Hoping to have a bit of water around for Hosier Lane to catch some light reflections off the bluestone cobbles.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I knew it was a long shot. Hoping to have a bit of water around for Hosier Lane to catch some light reflections off the bluestone cobbles.
    Water on the cobblestones is easy, as they all say, if you don't like Melbourne's weather just wait ten minutes.

Failing a sudden downpour you could always accidentally drop a cigarette butt into a pile of rubbish and the fire brigade would have the place wet enough for reflections pretty quick.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filter View Post
    Such short notice Ged, any other time, shift permitting would have been great...All good subjects. Hosier has been in the news of late, drugs & the like. They are talking about cleaning it up. You might be lucky both days with the weather, hope you get the shots you are after.
    Said to say that Hosier Lane is not very conducive to photographing on your own. A lot of the great graffiti art has been covered with tags. I was accosted by a group of young guys who were under the influence of alcohol or drugs and made it very clear they didn't want me photographing in the lane. I got a couple of shots but was restricted to the Flinders Street end of Hosier. I don't now how the restaurants and cafes are coping with current vibe.

Moember formerly known as : Ghostbat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to get back to Melb and start looking at the alleys. Big fan of 'Proper' street art....not that tagging rubbish

GB
    PHOTOS!!!!!! or it didn't happen