Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you done your census?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    I'm waiting for a "why-didn't-you-do-your-census? message from them.

It stands to reason that if you did it, you should get such a message
    I keep my receipt (online user privilege) just in case the mayhem causes this to happen
    https://www.instagram.com/piczzilla

D800 || Sigma Macro 105mm f2.8 || Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 || Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 || various trinkets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed mine prior to the Tuesday, but saved it to submit later, then ran foul of the shutdown.
    Was only able to get access to the site on the following Monday, at which point it refused to accept my password to get to my saved data.
    A phone call revealed that they had 'deleted' all the saved forms 'for security purposes', and I would have to start again which required a new login code.
    Completed and submitted the form, then got a letter yesterday saying the system was now up and I could complete my form...and gave me my old login code
    Rather than try to count the things that have been buggered up in this, it will much easier to count what was done right...Nil!

Cheers,
    Terry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine a few days late. I considered making a typo error with my name to see if I would received junk mail in that name in the future. But I thought about it and thought it might cause other problems. Update...I just received a letter from them, Headed you missed the cup off date. Binned it.
    Last edited by thegrump; 19-08-2016 at 1:03pm.
    I have been taking photos for 50 years. I am now trying to get into Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also just received a letter, would you believe stating that we did not fill in the On- Line Form ???
    Of course we didn't we filled in the paper form that was posted to us, filled it in weeks ago and posted it back 9 days ago.
    I know Australia Post as getting slower, though I did not realize they were that slow.

My Daughter also received a letter from them this week stating the same as ours, and she is still waiting for that new login code.
    She has rang then a few times too.

The mind boggles as how many millions of $$$ this census is really going to cost us Tax Payers.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked up the dictionary meaning of censless:

a taxpayer funded waste of financial resources(at a time when we're all supposed to be coming to terms with the end of the age of entitlement) for a questionable questionnaire, that would have been better spent on the actual services that the census was supposed to be guesstimating(which is almost certainly erroneous anyhow!).
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Lightbender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I just looked up the dictionary meaning of censless:

a taxpayer funded waste of financial resources(at a time when we're all supposed to be coming to terms with the end of the age of entitlement) for a questionable questionnaire, that would have been better spent on the actual services that the census was supposed to be guesstimating(which is almost certainly erroneous anyhow!).
    That definition left off the bit about the fact that the government already have more than the information being collected making the whole exercise even more redundant.

We still haven't paused long enough to fill ours out yet. Might do it tonight if we remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're away and the letter with our log in details hasn't ever turned up through the redirected mail.

I was wondering what to do but not overly worried, if they really want to get my details they'll find me (thinking this in jest).

On Friday 5th, before the census, we went out to Wittenoom for a squiz, as one does with such a notorious location. Interestingly its not a ghost town as at least 5 of the remaining houses are occupied

We then drove up the Wittenoom gorge.

About midday this chap was coming the other way and of course I expected him to pass on by. As he slowed I guessed he was going to ask some directions, or offer some advise on spots to check out, but no. He's from the census and wanted to hand out a form, so he did.

Definitely going well out of their way to find everybody

zenfolio--53 by boo 53, on Flickr

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So we can then assume you have taken the time to fill out in the form John.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it on the night (which took all of 5 minutes) and mailed it when we passed through Exmouth.

Interestingly we were at a wayside stop about half way between Tom Price and Exmouth on "the night", about 25 other vans there as well, and just sitting down to dinner when there was a "hello anyone there" (no I gone to walk the 200km to the next town) and it was the ABS there to catch anyone who hadn't been got by then

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123