Thread: Have you done your census?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL hacked. Sure. :P

More like 10 million people suddenly tried accessing the site at the same time.

I have no idea why they weren't advertising the fact that you could have filled out the online version days ago (or next week).
    -- Mister Q

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
    I have no idea why they weren't advertising the fact that you could have filled out the online version days ago (or next week).
    My thoughts precisely...

I was really surprised when I read some people on this thread did it early
    https://www.instagram.com/piczzilla

D800 || Sigma Macro 105mm f2.8 || Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 || Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 || various trinkets

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piczzilla View Post
    I had completed and saved mine days earlier (not much changes here) then logged in last night, submitted...all over red rover
    Last edited by Gazza; 10-08-2016 at 9:11am. Reason: There may be no excuse for laziness, but I'm still looking.
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had completed and saved mine days earlier (not much changes here) then logged in last night, submitted...all over red rover
    Will save this trick for next time

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piczzilla View Post
    My thoughts precisely...

in the past the instructions read to do it in the evening.
    the letter with our logon code said to do it on Tuesday. so i did ours in the morning, suspecting that government departments being what they are had probably not tested for a couple of million people trying to log on in the evening. I worked as a programmer and operator in 3 Federal departments, that gave me insights most don't have
    why so many left it til the evening to do it i don'tn know. some/ a lot could have done it on their phones or lap tops in their lunch break during the day.
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    in the past the instructions read to do it in the evening.
    the letter with our logon code said to do it on Tuesday. so i did ours in the morning, suspecting that government departments being what they are had probably not tested for a couple of million people trying to log on in the evening. I worked as a programmer and operator in 3 Federal departments, that gave me insights most don't have
    why so many left it til the evening to do it i don'tn know. some/ a lot could have done it on their phones or lap tops in their lunch break during the day.
    I can relate with you. With the budget cut all across the nation, I'm not too surprised if the system didn't get properly tested, or if the testers found problems but got pressures from the big fish to just sign off the system.