OK, firstly, disregard the previous thread I created.

So I'm looking into perhaps a new camera pack or perhaps just a camera body.

Currently I have a Canon EOS 40D with Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 17-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm, Canon Speedlite 430ex, Canon Battery Grip, cheap eBay filters, cheap eBay tripod.

I'm thinking either sell just the 40D body and Battery Grip, or sell the 40D body a long with the 50mm and 17-85mm and Canon Battery Grip.

Haven't read right into new cameras yet, so unsure if the Speedlite would be usable with other models.

So far, I like the look of the 1300D and the 70D, mind you, I can't justify the 70D price tag seeing I'm just an average take a photo now and then.

Also, if I'm not getting the results I'm after with the current camera, a new camera isn't going to all of a sudden make me get the images I'm after, it isn't the camera that takes a great photo, it's the photographer.

Mind you, black cars are very hard to photo, well for me they are.

Also, do the Canon cameras still come with the Canon software like they used too? Like editing CD software and what not?

So, seeing I'm a noob and no where near as cluey as most of the others here when it comes to photography and hardware, what are some people's thoughts on what I should do?

Sell the 40D and Battery grip together, or sell the 40D, Battery Grip, 50mm, 17-85mm.

I wish to keep the Sigma 150-500, seeing cricket season is coming up soon and have found it great for cricket photos in the past.

Any other suggestions on Canons? OR... should I perhaps look at Nikon and just sell all my gear up?

Cheers.

Took this around 6/7 years back when I started to get into DSLR photography using the 40D and Sigma 150-500mm, isn't the original, the original copy of this image has gotten lost somewhere over the years but still made sure to keep a copy as it's one of the best photos I've taken.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/...pse24znuaz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what price range would I be looking to sell the 40D and so on for?